Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Alan White Guest

Default I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Simply Paul Guest

I feel like I'm missing something Alan. Shouldn't the owner reactivated it months ago? It could well be in place, but they should have responded to the SBA log with something... unless they're on holiday- I see they've not signed in since the end of July and August is the month lots of people go away.

Alan White Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Paul View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something Alan.
    It's unusual for me to be too deep for you, Paul. It's usually the other way round .

What I meant was that the cache was disabled by a reviewer (completely unnecessarily as the cache is not on farmland) and then archived by another reviewer because the owner hasn't enabled it!! If it were my cache I'd be pretty miffed, I can say.

Simply Paul Guest

Well, the owner/s did have (just) over a year to click a button and bring it back online. Fair's fair.

Alan White Guest

And have the wrath of a reviewer on them? I wouldn't do it.

The reviewer(s) should have re-enabled it when they thought it appropriate, not archived it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan White View Post
    And have the wrath of a reviewer on them? I wouldn't do it.

The reviewer(s) should have re-enabled it when they thought it appropriate, not archived it!

Why would they have the wrath of the reviewer on them when the problem was over?

I personally think your trying to find a problem that is not there

Exclamation

It's unusual for me to be too deep for you, Paul. It's usually the other way round .

What I meant was that the cache was disabled by a reviewer (completely unnecessarily as the cache is not on farmland) and then archived by another reviewer because the owner hasn't enabled it!! If it were my cache I'd be pretty miffed, I can say.
    Sorry but ALL caches within the Exclusion Zone without exception were Disabled. The others affected were enabled either by their owners directly or by request to a reviewer when the Exclusion zone was lifted.

If the situation happens again I will not hesitate to take the same actions again, and I can promise you that if any owner of a cache within a Exclusion Zone which had been Disabled was enabled before the exclusion zone was uplifted, I'd not hesitate to Archive and lock it.

The cache was Archived due to the owner not maintaining it. He/She could have enabled it, or emailed a reviewer to enable it. But instead chose to ignore the cache.

[] The Guidelines the details of which I've had pointed out to me on several occasions clearly states a cache should be disabled for a short period, usually a few weeks. Months after the exclusion zone was lifted the cache hadn't been enabled and as a result the appropriate action was taken

Deci
    Last edited by Brenin Tegeingl; 19th August 2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added Deci at the end
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Simply Paul Guest

Ok, I see the problem. Deceangi's temp disable log does say 'until further notice' - a cache owner taking that literally *might* wait to get an email or log saying it was safe to bring it back online, or expect the reviewer to reactivate it. I say might- I would have taken things into my own hands after the DEFRA exclusion zone was dropped, clicked it live and risked the consequences
    Last edited by Simply Paul; 19th August 2008 at 09:38 PM.

Alan White Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian View Post
    Sorry but ALL caches within the Exclusion Zone without exception were Disabled
    A completely unnecessary over-reaction. As was archiving them.

A completely unnecessary over-reaction. As was archiving them.

yes yes Aaln

Echoing that on this instance (as is normal!) common sense prevailed. The cache was unmaintained for over a year, it was totally right to archive it.

The exclusion business is a separate matter imo

The owner can request it is unarchived if they wish. It's not like it's gone for good.

Alan White Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PopUpPirate View Post
    The cache was unmaintained for over a year
    How do you know? The cache had been disabled, on threat of being archived and locked if the owner re-enabled it.

The poor owner couldn't win: if he'd enabled it it would have been archived; if he didn't enable it it would be archived hmy:.

How do you know? The cache had been disabled, on threat of being archived and locked if the owner re-enabled it.

The poor owner couldn't win: if he'd enabled it it would have been archived; if he didn't enable it it would be archived hmy:.
    already been pointed out others inthe same situation were re enabled. Again my personal opinion, an argument with no foundation for the sake of it.

fraggle69 Guest

Sounds to me like the owner has been waiting for DC to re-enable the listing. I don't see the huge issue, I mean it can be re-activated at the owners request, who is probably off sunning himself somewhere nice.
    I rekon it's time to take the big chill pill Mr White.... then you can laugh soooo much you might just cry
    I'd be more concerned with the cache police who grassed him up to the reviewers tsk! A safer world with or without them I wonder.....

h34r: