Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: New Scottish Reviewer.

Default New Scottish Reviewer.

While at the excellent Gathering in the Glens event on Saturday, Dec made the surprise announcement that Geoki (Mrs) is the new reviewer. I don't know what her new reviewer name will be, but best of luck to her.

I've only one small criticism about making these kind of annoucements at events. I don't feel that they benefit the community as a whole, maybe a bit more thought should go into making this kind of announcement? I think that announcing them on the GSP forum, here, and the regional forums is a better way to serve the community, instead of myself and others filtering the news through to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobite View Post
    While at the excellent Gathering in the Glens event on Saturday, Dec made the surprise announcement that Geoki (Mrs) is the new reviewer. I don't know what her new reviewer name will be, but best of luck to her.

I've only one small criticism about making these kind of annoucements at events. I don't feel that they benefit the community as a whole, maybe a bit more thought should go into making this kind of announcement? I think that announcing them on the GSP forum, here, and the regional forums is a better way to serve the community, instead of myself and others filtering the news through to the community.
    Sorry but Reviewing is supposed to be fun and not a job . As on the last 2 times the New Reviewer has been at a Event that I've attended, what better way to make the announcement even more enjoyable for not only the new reviewer who then gets to receive congratulations in person, and not over the internet or by email. But also for those attending the event.

As for why the announcement was not made immediately, I'm currently still up on holiday in Scotland, today Monday afternoon has been the first real chance I've had of getting on the net since Thursday. Which meant that Graculus has been without my support covering the whole country for that whole period, and has not complained once.

The chances of one of the UK Reviewer Team being at a event the next time a New UK Reviewer is announced is slim [I'd already arranged to go to both events way before I ended up as the sole UK Reviewer!], but if one of us just happens to be attending a event at which the chosen person will be attending. We will make the first official announcement at that event.

Deci
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

Dave/Deci couldn't have put it better.

For Carol/Mrs Geoki/Alba15 to be introduced as our new Scottish reviewer at GITG this weekend was pretty amazing. She was introduced in front of so many caching friends who had no idea of what was about to happen, it was great to see the jaws drop when Decci made the big announcement.

Many congratulations again Carol (or IDC) its good to know that Alba15 can be so easily bribed with wine and chocs!!!

It's good to know that Deci has some more help. Good luck to the new reviewer - don't let the geocachers get you down
    "I Cache, therefore I am"