Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Noah's Ark

Unhappy Noah's Ark

Anyone know where I can obtain the construction plans?

Friday afternoon is my caching time to myself and it looks like it'll be whissing it down. Again

Not sure if I'll be out or doing the ironing my shirts for the coming week.
    Ho hum!

I once managed to purchase book which was a cut out and glue model - if that is any help
    Who's had the accident!!
    Who called the doctor?

It's three in the afternoon and Noah is on his usual trip around the ark, just making sure all the animals are happy and contented.
    First he checks on the lions. "How are you this morning, lions?" he asks, and the lions reply, "Fine thanks, Noah". Next he asks the giraffes and gets the same answer. Moving along the deck he pops in to see the elephants. "How are you this morning, elephants?" he enquires. "Oh, you know, bit short of space but otherwise quite happy thanks Noah".
    Having checked all the big mammals he moves down one deck to the small mammal deck and repeats the procedure. he goes to the next deck and gets positive replies from the gibbons, the aardvarks, the wallabies and all the rest. He descends to the next deck down and enquires of the health and welfare of the birds, bees, ants and tiny crawling creatures.
    He is just about to venture back upstairs when he notices water seeping under a door. Being more than a little concerned he flings open the door and is promptly knocked off his feet by the wall of water which escapes. Quickly he fights his way in and taking his lump of pitch starts to fill in all the hundreds of tiny holes. Eventually he sealed up the room and ran back upstairs to his wife. "Look", he yelled "how many times do we have to go through this, I pilot the ark, you feed the animals, and for pity's sake feed the woodworm first!"

I was told he used Gopha Wood to build the Ark.
    As in "I'm gonna gopha wood, to build this thing..."

I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Default Too late to build, man the life boats.

Good grief never seen rain like this in Watford, Northampton. Decided to go caching this afternoon. At least no muggles around and it will wash any dog poo away provided it's not in plastic bags.
    Ho hum!

Well, here at home in south Wiltshire it's rather like being in a submarine at the moment. I wouldn't even dare to open a door for fear of drowning... hmy:
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

It's like that here too. I've just been watching the Ben-my-Chree coming into Douglas harbour with a gale blowing straight into the harbour entrance. The first time I've seen a tug needed to aid steering as she turned to dock. I hope the wind subsides enough for my golf comp on Sunday!

Luckily for me, I'm heading to the parched North Downs on Wednesday for some walking/caching. It will be nice to get away from mud and rain and down to somewhere warm, dry and calm. :socool:

Didn't mange to get out Friday afternoon but Saturday was OK. Cached around the Leicester area. But more rain this week. Thoughts go out to those flooded. Never been in the situation but it must be awful.

Must say the four caches that I completed all seem to have remained dry and in good condition.
    Ho hum!