Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Bloomin' Wasps!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bloomin' Wasps!

So there I was yesterday actively involved in an outdoor pursuit (no, not Geocaching - in the pub garden enjoying their beer festival ) when a damn wasp decided to sting me on the back of my hand. At the time it wasn't bad and it didn't affect my ongoing quality testing :cheers:, but today my drinking hand is swollen up like a balloon and is burning like hell

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the numbers of the little blighters recently?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    .... when a damn wasp decided to sting me on the back of my hand.
    Language Timothy.............hmy:

We had a camping holiday this year and the little blighters were everywhere . My 7 yr old got stung just below her eye, luckily I had bought some anti sting stuff and some anti histimine with us so I sprayed the sting ang gave her the medicine withine a minute of being stung and luckily it didn't swell up as it would normally do.
    We also bought a wasp trap and now have it near out front door - more jam jars needed please

molfrew-mosstoad Guest

Imagine that a hornet getting stung, there must be some brave ones round your way.

I was stung quite recentlly (for the first time) and I was realy surprised how much pain it caused. We do seem to have a lot around here lately.

In the meantime you will have to learn to drink through a straw lol

There seems to be a few around here, but not many, even though the apples in our garden seem to be rotting on the bough (due to all the wet weather). That normally attracts them, but perhaps it's been too windy here.

Autumn is the time when wasps traditionally get aggressive, so what you're seeing is the early onset of autumn!