Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Virtual Swag Trading - Always trade up!

Default Virtual Swag Trading - Always trade up!

I found a link to this story about One Red Paperclip on one of the other forums... and it got me thinking... (always a dangerous move)

Why can't we get that to work on this thread?

Here's the deal - I'll start the ball rolling by offering up an item for trade. A great item that I'm willing to trade. Anyone can make me an offer of something they'd be willing to trade for it. Be creative - Really sell your item! - You have to convince me that your swag is the best trade.
    When I've received 3 different offers from 3 different people, I'll decide to do a swap and virtually hand over my item in return for theirs. Then it's time to make offers again...

OK. The first item is
    this very attractive WHSmiths Fineliner felt tip pen which I have here on my desk. One careful owner. It's only drawn about 10 ft of lineage, because I only use it to mark Events in on my calendar, and now I have a red biro that I use instead.
    So.... Who wants to trade? Any offers?

(Yes, I know this is a totally daft idea, but it's a change from Word Association, isn't it? )
    Last edited by Mrs Blorenge; 27th August 2008 at 11:54 PM.

Did someone say daft idea? ...... I'm in.

Sounds like a nice fineliner, I'd offer the following in a trade for it:

One flexible ruler, has to be seen to be believed. Only one carefull owner (and a couple of not so carefull ones - hence the dog tooth mark at one corner). This amazing one off ruler can be rolled up, twisted even tied in a knot. It's ideal for anyone with a red biro looking to make a fashion statement in their pencil case or simply looking for something to assist in drawing red boxes with incredibly straight lines round event dates on a calendar.

Sold as seen.............

Last edited by studlyone; 28th August 2008 at 12:15 AM.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

OK here's my offer ...

If you would see fit to throw in the red biro as well as the fine liner, I will offer you a very lovely pack of small Sharpie pens. They are a brand new purchase, still on the card and surrounded by plastic. They are very neat and handy because they have a little ring on the end of each of them so you could clip them to a karabiner, your keys, your caching bag, anywhere you fancy really. If you have any piercings you could even attach them there. A little imagination goes a long way. There are four in the pack: light blue, lime green, orange (now that's appropriate) and cerise. You won't need that fine liner and you certainly won't want a plain red biro when you can have such a fine array of colours as displayed by these wonderful mini sharpies.
    Last edited by The Cache Hoppers; 28th August 2008 at 07:32 AM.

Both very good offers, but I have to say the Sharpies have the edge at the moment because I already have one of those excellent roll-up rulers from The Mega Event. Good fun aren't they? You can make the end click nicely if you play with it

I need a third exciting trade offer though...

If nothing else, this thread means we can play around with the pretty colours for our text

There must be someone willing to trade - come on - I really want that fine liner though so blood could be spilt if I don't get my own way

Ok, here's my offer...

I have a small fake ruby on a little ring, that's intended to be inserted in a piercing in the body (the ring, that is, not the ruby). It's the colour that this thread seems to have taken, or at least pretty much so, and it can be attached more or less anywhere, well, within reason, anyway... Fineliner pens, flexible rulers n Sharpie pens are all very well, but surely you just can't beat a bright red ruby in the most unexpected of places... And unlike the Sharpie pen, there's no chance of it accidentally drawing blood, provided of course it's carefully inserted...
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

My Sharpie pens wouldn't hurt anyone!! Sharp by name, not by nature And I'd eat my GPS if I thought for one minute that the lovely MrsB had a body piercing, so what possible use could your ring be to her?

Oooooooooooo! A real fake ruby ring!
    Definitely a deal!

Trade done!

And I can really insert it anywhere?

Sorry, Liane, those Sharpies were colourful, useful, but not quite as exciting as Bill's ruby ring... Now, just where can I wear it?

(Don't answer that)

OK - Someone else can offer something exciting for trade now. I'm off to steralise a bodkin and find a cork...

hmy:hmy:
    Anyone want some lovely Sharpies - see above for a completely honest description. Only available because some cad tempted their possible owner with a bright shiny thing, pfffft!
    Last edited by The Cache Hoppers; 28th August 2008 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cache Hoppers View Post
    hmy:hmy:
    Anyone want some lovely Sharpies - see above for a completely honest description. Only available because some cad tempted their possible owner with a bright shiny thing, pfffft!
    Is Bill a cad?

I didn't realise that... <sighs>... oh well, too late now

<whispers to MrsB> only here in this virtual world, I'm sure he's a very nice man really

Quote Originally Posted by The Cache Hoppers View Post
    <whispers to MrsB> only here in this virtual world, I'm sure he's a very nice man really
    Lol...!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Come on, Bill, find something you want to swap... something that's been cluttering up your lifespace for far too long... Who knows? It might be just what one of us needs!