Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Leet Key shortcuts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Leet Key shortcuts?

Thanks to a post by Bear and Ragged in another thread I've now discovered Leet Key which is a Firefox add-on that decrypts rot13 hints without having to click on the link and wait for the page to reload.

But LK does a lot of other things as well... To decrypt a hint you highlight the text of the hint, then rightclick, and you have to go through three menus to get the decrypt. Ok, that's no big deal, but it's supposed to be possible to set up keyboard shortcuts to go directly to things like a rot13 decrypt.

But I can't get that to work. The text entry box for a shortcut in the Settings dialog box seems to have a mind of its own, and alters what I enter. Can anyone explain how to set up a shortcut?

At the moment the context menu is telling me I've set up F3 as a shortcut to decrypt rot13, but the box in the Settings says control shift VK_L

If I try to alter it, it changes to VK_BACK_SPACE and I'm unable to remove that. The only way out of that is to close the Settings dialog, then when I open it again it's gone back to showing control shift VK_L
    Last edited by Bill D (wwh); 2nd September 2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: To correct a silly mistake
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​