Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Hidden Treasures Screensaver....any interest?

Lassitude Guest

Default Hidden Treasures Screensaver....any interest?

Well assuming you folks read the 'other' forums you may have seen my post announcing my return some months ago. Unfortunately shortly after that my father passed away so I have had a rough few months. I did manage to show up to the meeting in Purbeck but was not really myself as that was soon after it happened.

Anyhow things are finally settling down and I intend to become more active again. One of the things I produced a good few years back was 'Hidden Treasures'- It was a free Windows screen saver of digital photos submitted by teams and compiled by me. I am planning on making the next in the series 'Hidden Treasures v' and though I would test the water to see if there is any interest.

So if there are enough teams who can provide good quality digital photos taken during Caching then I will go ahead.

The photos need to:
    - 4Mpixel or better at a good resolution
    - Taken while looking for a chace
    - keep the cache location a secret (i.e. Do not give away the exact cache location!)
    - Be scenery, building, plant etc (nothing personal but I am not looking for pictures of team members)

Any contributors will be creditied in the screensaver and will recieve a CD with this screensaver and the previous versions.

I would also consider creating a customised saver for a forthcoming event.

If there is enough interest I will post an email address for submissions to be sent to.

thanks

Lassitude
    Last edited by Lassitude; 27th August 2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: premature post

I've seen some cracking caching photos this year. Not sure I have taken any really good ones - I shall have a look and see if there any worth sending you. There's a whole load of snaps on the NW Caching flickr group.

Yeah, i would happily contribute to this.

KernowCachers Guest

Sounds very interesting. Not sure my snaps are up to it but I'll have a look through them. My 8yr old daughter seems to take much better photos than me!

Chris,

Great to have you back, I loved all your previous screensavers and look forward to a new one. I'm sure I can find a few nice pictures.

Do you fancy producing a screensaver for the next UK Megaevent?

Dave

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

fraggle69 Guest

so no photos of naked chicks then? Hmm, I'll see what I can dig out to send you.
    Maybe you should make it a locationless cache on terracaching.com. I'd be up for it. Take a photo on your way to a cache and log the coords of where the photo was taken.

Aiiii