Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Halloween camping event - New Forest

Default Halloween camping event - New Forest

I am in the earlyish stages of organising a camping event at Milford on Sea. As Halloween is not to far away I am giving early warning of this event prior to getting the listing published so anyone interested can pencil it into their diaries.

The event will be from 31st Oct to 2nd Nov, although we shall probably be there from 28th Oct.

PS Anyone know any good pubs in Milford on Sea

keehotee Guest

Woohooo....
    Subject to shifts, warm sleeping bags and making it back from Cornwall this week, *mouse* and I'll be there.......

nobbynobbs Guest

well I'm sure that i can make it for at least some of the do... but camping.... or driving a short distance home.... tough call that one :cheers:

Checked my shifts and I'm not working that weekend so we'll be there for the Friday and Saturday nights - yay!

Apologies to all for being so slow getting this event published :wub: , but it's been rather a busy week one way or another. I plan to write up the listing tonight but please rest assured that it has most definitely been sorted and WILL go ahead (approved or not ). We shall be placing new caches, including a night cache , there will be a Halloween theme including prizes for best costumes and best dressed tent/tin tent/motorhome/bivi, and yes a pub meet (so all can log) prior to myself & muddy legs (plus anyone else who cares to join us) departing for an organised fireworks display.

keehotee Guest

woooohooooo

The Big Freeze II has now been published

Myself and Muddy Legs spent last weekend in the area making some preparations for the event.

We have now organised 12 new caches in the area including a night cache.

We have checked out the campsite and I have to say that it looks very nice and very well kept. There is a small games room with air hockey, pool, video games etc. An adventure playground for the kids and a small shop for your essentials. You can also use the facilities at the nearby Shorefields site which has an indoor pool, club house etc.

Whilst at the site I asked about the possibility of allowing non-camping visitors, and we were told that this would be OK providing that there are not too many. So in response to this we are going to allow visitors, but to keep some degree of control on this situation this will be by prior appointment only. If you think that you might like to visit, please contact me through my profile.

If anyone is considering attending but don't have the necessary equipment for the electric hook-up, please get in touch, I may be able to help out.

Thought these may be useful ......

Less than a week to go, don't forget to put this in your diary

Not long to go now, and the weather forecast is looking much improved , although a bit chilly, perfect for a Big Freeze .

It's not too late to book so don't miss out.

Love the smilies

Hope you have fun and it's not too cold for you