Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rediscovered trigs

Quote Originally Posted by TomL View Post
    Rye http://www.trigpointinguk.com/trigs/...ils.php?t=5781
    Refound by The Cyclist on edge of woods/field off access track.

I intend to go an get a new grid ref for it as I pass that way regularly but not bothered to go looking for it until I noticed the above.
    If you flag the pillar for admin attention I'll update the GR10 when it arrives

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sagina nivalis View Post
    I thought it might be useful to list newly-refound trigs. Some of them not so new, but several were new to me. There seems to be no easy way of finding out about these, hence this thread will hopefully help. ...
    I've updated Grid Refs on T:UK for all these refound pillars to match their current physical location.

TomL Guest

Does T:UK need somewhere to note the original location as well as the last position found?
    As I'm sure there are people out there who would also like to visit the original physical place if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TomL View Post
    Does T:UK need somewhere to note the original location as well as the last position found?
    As I'm sure there are people out there who would also like to visit the original physical place if at all possible.
    I visit vanished trigs regularly, but I must admit it never occurred to me that anyone would want to visit a previous location once the relocated trig had been found!

I'll ask Teasel what he thinks.

TomL Guest

It takes all sorts ;0)

I'm not bothered about visiting it's postion but it's nice to know where it was supposed to be even if it's just a glance in that direction or when looking on the map.

Tom,

your suggestion has been added to the T:UK wishlist.

Regards,

Bernie