Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: a rare chance to view the musings of the founder!!!!!

nobbynobbs Guest

Default a rare chance to view the musings of the founder!!!!!

Yes you have the chance to observe the rarely seen lesser spotted Jeremy. I can understand that you think he's just a mythical creature but just go here:

https://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/in...owtopic=204570

h34r:

I just hope that treaclefudge is a Star Wars fan, otherwise he'll be totally confused!

He used to be a regular visitor to the forums, but seems to bee very busy these days: probably something to do with the success of Groundspeak and various projects in the pipeline.

nobbynobbs Guest

I just found it strange that after all the topics and angst that has done the rounds on the dark side forums without a murmur, he pounces on a thread that implies that he copied letterboxing

Simply Paul Guest

I'd not call it strange, I'd call it funny. Just not ha-ha funny

actually it's very explainable it's all to do with some issues Jeremy had with US Letterboxers, in the early days of of Geocaching.com. Jeremy registered the domain letterboxer.com [I could be slightly out on the name] presumably with the idea of giving Letterboxers in the states a resources rich site where it was easy to log their finds and share their experiences. A group who use one of the 2 Letterbox sites in the states, took umbridge and gave Jeremy grief about his plans.

So now the whole subject hits a nerve with Jeremy, especially when someone comes along and says Geocaching is based on Letterboxing

Dave
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC

sTeamTraen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nobbynobbs View Post
    I just found it strange that after all the topics and angst that has done the rounds on the dark side forums without a murmur, he pounces on a thread that implies that he copied letterboxing
    I presume somebody forwarded it to him. I don't think he has an alert for mentions of the word "letterboxing" in the forums. And these days he's too busy perusing the Lear Jet catalogue to read threads himself.

Maybe GSP should set up a contact e-mail - letterbox@grounspeak.com which would guarantee a rapid response (unlike appeals@, contact@ etc.h34r:

Simply Paul Guest

He speaks again! And he quotes me!! I am honoured, and oh-so tempted to take that thread off topic and ask The Grand Wizard to comment on the angst Groundspeak's unconscionable treatment of a past reviewer, and a selection of your other favourite topics of descent has caused in the UK... If I though we'd get a reply, I might even do it.

nobbynobbs Guest

amazing!! LOL. though I upset them when they asked to use some of my photos, I said yes as long as it wasn't for profit or if it was then only if I had a percentage of the profits.... I was told something like my aims didn't match theirs.....

are we sure that it's jeremy. maybe someone's hacked his account!!!!

Simply Paul Guest

When they asked if they could use my photos -they wanted emailing hires versions- I also asked what was in it for me. I didn't get a reply but I wait in hope. This was a couple of years ago. Nothing much changes...