Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Help for Heroes geocoin.

Default The Help for Heroes geocoin.

I found the details of this new geocoin which is being created:
    Help for Heroes geocoin.

The preview looks great!

I was wondering whether it's likely to be ready for sale by Remembrance Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by studlyone View Post
    It's a project that started with my design for a Royal British Legion geocoin at the start of the year but they wouldn't let me do it. So I have decided to support H4H instead.
    Ian
    Yes, I remember the preliminary designs for the 'poppy' coin. I look forward to seeing this new one.

Default Help For Heroes Geocoin

If they are ready will take a couple to France for the Remberance Service on one of the battlefields.

Very nice coin and a great charity.
    In August I had the pleasure of agreeing that the brass band I am vice-chairman of would help out at a garden party for the Help for Heroes charity. They party had been turned down by several bands and asked me while on another gig. The band was asked if they would give up a free Sunday and turn out to do a free concert. All the band agreed. The point is that most of the band are under 20 with a few older members and they all gave there time for free.
    The party raised over 3000.
    It was great to see the young cadets and the a couple of "old timers"
    I will be ordering a couple.

Put me down for a couple

Dont worry about the date. I still want a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by dibbler View Post
    Dont worry about the date. I still want a couple.
    Same here

Matrix the ex REME Recce Mech

Quote Originally Posted by studlyone View Post
    Apparantly if God was in the Army he'd be a Recce Mech.
    REME here through and through :cheers: - "Arte et Party"
    Oh Yeah baby :cheers:

Angry

I am sorry for having to delete my posts but someone has complained to the GAGB about the thread being commercial in nature and I have been asked to delete my posts.

I would just like to go on the record, saying that we are not profiteering from this geocoin, these posts or anything else to do with the GAGB. My initial reply on this thread was simply an answer to a question.

I appreciate the GAGBs position on this and their constitution, I have always been cautious about my replys here in case they be taken as commercial in nature. I am not trying to upset anyone here or elsewhere, but if I can help people I usually try to. Maybe I need to rethink that thought process.

For anyone interested, HERE is a breakdown of the costs of this coin. We have had to put over 2,500 upfront to produce them and yes we will make that back and everything else will go to H4H. I am sorry if others on here cannot see things that way. I wish you good luck on your efforts to support a worthy charity.

This is a very expensive coin to mint due to its size, 3D finish and two metals. When I found out the die fees it almost took my breath away.

Anyway thank you to everyone who has made nice comments about the design and supports Help 4 Heroes. They are a great charity that is doing sterling work for our wounded servicemen and women. You can always visit their website and place donations directly with them.

Peace
    Last edited by studlyone; 30th September 2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Attaching a pdf file doesn't work on here so I have added a link to it
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

I am stunned again

What is going on

Quote Originally Posted by matrix View Post
    I am stunned again

What is going on
    Nothing to get upset about. Someone complained and the GAGB has to protect its constitution and way of doing business. I was asked (very nicely I must add - thanks Bill) to edit my posts. I hold the GAGB in the highest regards and I would hate for this to start a 'rumpuss' - Note to self that's a cracking word, I must use Rumpuss in more posts

I hope everyone can keep the thread on topic and thats discussing the 'C' word that can be discussed on these forums (thankfully as opposed to you know where) - Charity.

Now where's that beer
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

Well I want 2 coins

A good coin and a good cause. I hope it does well.

I am sure the rest of the Committee do as well.

Having been the one who received the initial comment I was not sure about which way to go (it was a comment not a complaint).

I think after a bit of a discussion we have reached a good compromise and hope we can move forward.

Third-Degree-Witch Guest

I personally find it very sad that person(s) just had to bleat about such a worthy cause.

Count me in for two coins..... A great idea for a great charity, will also round up my order on the site.