Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Muggled TBs and geocoins on Ebay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Muggled TBs and geocoins on Ebay

With reference to Nobby Nobbs's pinned Topic about this matter, I thought folks might like to see the most recent occurance of this happening - Thread on GC.com Travel Bug Forum.

Post #11 with the response from Ebay is interesting.

Let's hope there's a happy end result.

Hopefully they will find there way back into the open again and continue on their way. I'd have been interested in seeing the e-bay listing in question as it beggars belief that a geocacher would put them up for sale knowing what they were.

Anyone buying something like this on e-bay is just encouraging people to steal TBs/Geocoins to sell on. Its certainly left me wondering whether any more 'lost' TBs or coins will turn up on e-bay in the future.

e-bays response was quite usefull although how much interest would be shown to a listing like that from the UK police if it involved anyone on here is another matter.

Fingers crossed that they make it to frredom again though.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

nobbynobbs Guest

Well the idea of the pinned topic was so that all such threads could be closed and the person directed to how to deal with the matter.
    This was because of the inevitable angst that occurs and numerous emails being sent to the seller, who then becomes very anti.

Agreed and the pinned thread is a good one. It was interesting to see how that one panned out - it appears that the dust has blown over now. I can see how things could quickly degenerate on threads like that. I remember the incident that pre-empted the pinned topic.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

If you scroll down a bit on this link to Ebay you'll be able to see the listing.

Wouldn't it be wise to adopt a policy of always reporting a suspected stolen tackable to Ebay, and to the police? If this were the case, then Ebay would surely pay more attention to these items in the long run?

The more that can be done to deter the disreputable Ebayer from openly selling stolen trackables, the less desirable these items become to them.
    I'm just going outside, and may be some time!

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk

After having another look at the listing, the names on the bidders list looks very suspicious! Edit: Is that away for Ebay to protect the identity of the unsuccessful bidders?
    Is there a way to politely inform the winning bidder that they have just purchased stolen property?
    Last edited by jacobite; 4th October 2008 at 12:24 AM.
    I'm just going outside, and may be some time!

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk