Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Some filthy, horrible muggle....

Default Some filthy, horrible muggle....

has gone an knicked one of my caches (GC1f1DT) . I only have two so big deal for me. It was a lovely bison micro as well.

The muggle had replaced a small branch that was hiding the micro so wasn't as if he or she just trashed it. It was doing rather well.

So I have a dilemma. Do I replace straight away or wait a while? I get the feeling the muggle will be back and hence why they'd replaced the small branch. Do I move the cache a few 100 yrds away to a more secluded spot? Or maybe I should put a temporary cache in and see if it gets knicked again?

I guess they liked the appeal of the bison. Pity really when you think of the effort people to visit, find and log only to have to disabled due to some light fingered oink.

Any advice much appreciated.
    Ho hum!

Unfortunately it happens. I remember once I had a nice ammo box swapped for a Tesco carrier bag. At the time I replaced it and the same thing happened so I moved it to another location for my third try.

Assuming yours was found accidentally, the likelihood is that the thief will be back so you would probably be safer to find a new location nearby but far enough away so they are unlikely to find it again. However if it is far enough away to change the whole nature of the cache then you should consider making it a complete new cache submission.

nobbynobbs Guest

i'd agree, abandon that location, but maybe leave a note for the muggle to explain the hobby and how they have ruined a perfectly innocent game. you never know they may see the error of their ways and contact you.

As you say:

Move the cache a few 100 yrds away to a more secluded spot.
    Would be my suggestion.
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Thank you for the advice. I think I will replace the cache this weekend and see how it goes. If it gets stolen again I'll move 100 yards.

Just come back from Paris and enjoyed one cache near the Louvre. 100's of muggles about and yet was able to retrieve the cache no problem and judging by the log book is very, very popular. And yet my poor, lonely cache gets muggled.
    Ho hum!

Quote Originally Posted by Watford Wobble View Post
    has gone an knicked one of my caches (GC1f1DT) . I only have two so big deal for me. It was a lovely bison micro as well.

The muggle had replaced a small branch that was hiding the micro so wasn't as if he or she just trashed it. It was doing rather well.

So I have a dilemma. Do I replace straight away or wait a while? I get the feeling the muggle will be back and hence why they'd replaced the small branch. Do I move the cache a few 100 yrds away to a more secluded spot? Or maybe I should put a temporary cache in and see if it gets knicked again?

I guess they liked the appeal of the bison. Pity really when you think of the effort people to visit, find and log only to have to disabled due to some light fingered oink.

Any advice much appreciated.
    Wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Muggle - One Voice - One Vote

Well they won't stop me. Going to replace cache this afternoon in a slightly different location.
    Ho hum!