Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GAGB Pub Chat - "The Snug"

Talking GAGB Pub Chat - "The Snug"

This topic is for all your "warm and fluffy" posts. Did something good happen recently? 10 on your Scratchcard? New baby? Bought some great new boots? Your cat had kittens? Maybe you just had a good day in general? Share it here in the Snug.

Have a cream stout and pull up a chair...

Who knows who I was thinking about when I put "cream stout" in that first post? ... If you can guess, you'll be showing your age

No small fluffy creatures here, we don't own any pets any more...

Maybe I'll go and buy a Scratch card today, then I can come back here and be all excited, or go and have a moan into my pint in the other topic.

keehotee Guest

Ohhhhhh
    thought it said the SMUG, and was going to come in here and gloat about my own good news....

never mind

Mongers puts a case of Adnams Broadside on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    Ohhhhhh
    thought it said the SMUG, and was going to come in here and gloat about my own good news....

never mind
    You can be smug in the snug if you want... have a hug!

keehotee Guest

Aww thanks MrsB

OK - I'm going to be smug in the snug....

.........I'm about to move to Bristol to live with *mouse*

OK I expect *mouse* is 'warm and fluffy' so that post definitely fits in here...
    Have an Adnams Broadside (whatever that is ) to celebrate!

Been described as many things in my time Mrs B, but never as warm & fluffy!

And a Broadside would go down very well right now... a nice reminder of when I lived in Suffolk ....I'll pull up a chair

The sound of beers being opened brought me in here. Now I'm here I'd best help mongoose with that heavy case :cheers:

On topic, oneof my bosses brought in his 10 week old spaniel puppy into the office - two speeds on and off. All togetehr now Ahhhhhhhh.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

Quote Originally Posted by studlyone View Post
    The sound of beers being opened brought me in here. Now I'm here I'd best help mongoose with that heavy case :cheers:

On topic, oneof my bosses brought in his 10 week old spaniel puppy into the office - two speeds on and off. All togetehr now Ahhhhhhhh.

Where's active cacher gone?...

Now, boots... I have a really lovely pair of Berghaus gore-tex boots, which got 'broken in' doing The UnderWorld caches in Devon. They fit my feet like gloves (a strange image, perhaps), but it probably depends on the individual's feet as to what suits best.
    When we were up in the Lake District I got sold two pairs of Bridgedale socks by The Golem (where is he these days?) and I was a bit sceptical about having "special socks" - but they're excellent - they're slightly elasticated around the foot and under the arch so your foot gets cuddled by them. I even hand wash them, because I appreciate them so much! :wub:

You hit the nail on the head there Mrs.B. The socks are just as important as the boots you wear. Why spend loads of money on top of the range boots to only wear cheap socks from a market on your feet. Lowe produce a great range of boots - mostly in black as they are for the military but they are great quality.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

active cacher Guest

Wow, thanks Mrs Blorenge, I'll bear that in mind. Socks socks socks, it's all I ever think about anyway according to the Missus!

active cacher Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by keehotee View Post
    Aww thanks MrsB

OK - I'm going to be smug in the snug....

.........I'm about to move to Bristol to live with *mouse*
    Wow, Congratulations! I see you're from Exeter, that must be real love, giving up beautiful Exeter for Bristol!
    The missus has gone all mushy on me again, she wants to know how long you two have been together and how did you meet, all girly stuff!

keehotee Guest

Long enough to know what I want from life - and in a field in Dorset (thank you HoB)

Boots - agree about the socks. Also get them 'fitted' - there is a person in our local outdoor shop who has been on boot fitting course and you can tell. Initially I thought my new ones where too big ... But took her advice and they are perfect