Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: GAGB Pub Chat - "The Snug"

RuberyBlue Guest

I had always assumed that I would go to my grave with seeing my beloved footie team, Birmingham City, winning a major trophy. Today I officially went to heaven......

Come on you Blues!
    Keep right on!

RB

?? City ??

I know nothing about football but Birmingham City was one half of the only professional match I've seen played.

(I got taken by a boyfriend, circa 1972, home match, can't recall who they were playing! )

I was thinking Man City - the only team I can think of in Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by RuberyBlue View Post
    I had always assumed that I would go to my grave with seeing my beloved footie team, Birmingham City, winning a major trophy. Today I officially went to heaven......

Come on you Blues!
    Keep right on!

RB
    It's always nice to hear of an underdog team with loyal supporters winning through........not that I know anything about football!
    Lang may yer lum reek. :cheers:

Booty Ball, a game with 22 over paid prima donna's trying to get a soft leather ball in between the sticks at each end of a bit of grass. If it is cold they have to wear long leggings and gloves because they are so soft. The enjoy going to country type B-B-Q events as I believe they enjoy 'Spit Roasts'
    Enough said

Came back to work this week and found:-
    a. Restrictions lifted on staff internet use
    b. One of the Polish house keeping ladies came back off hols from home and, knowing I am a red wine lover, bought me a present of a nice bottle of red wine from her home area
    Am feeling that I am back in the land of the living !
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Hooray! It's the first official day of summer

Quote Originally Posted by zarbi&zarbibird View Post
    Hooray! It's the first official day of summer
    Yeah, but as it's also the longest day of the year that means it's downhill all the way to winter from here on in

Ah, that's the classic "half empty, or half full" problem - I am in favour of downing it in one - thus avoiding this. Mine's a pint thanks
    Si vis pacem para bellum

11. Default

My kids finished their A levels yesterday and they're all quite happy with their performance ...

If their optimism proves to be justified then the three of them will be off to uni in September !

:cheers:

Life is too important to take seriously !

Off out in the tin tent this week end - thursday to monday Nice Caravan club site at Moreton in Marsh - getting set up for MEGA Wales maybe wash the van off and air me flags out. Quiet time sitting in awning reading new Tom Clancy book - whilst she who must be obeyed watches t*****S !!)
    Si vis pacem para bellum

you should get a Kindle mate, makes carrying books in the caravan much easier

I bought a Sony E reader the minute they came out - The trouble is that few of the authors I read are available in E Books ! So I have an expensive piece of tech sitting doing nothing (other than if you wish to read 100 classics !!!)
    Si vis pacem para bellum

will it read KINDLE format

Not sure - Haven't fired it up for a few months - I know it downloads E Books from Waterstones or I tunes - but have lost patience with it at the moment - Will try and charge it up and see
    Si vis pacem para bellum

We've got some exciting news! Our house is finally under offer and we've had an offer accepted on a little bungalow in Surrey. Please could everybody keep their fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly :socool:

As the advert says "Bang on ! Huzzah" - Fingers, toes and dogs paws crossed for you !!
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Hope it all goes well

musketeer Guest

Two weeks left at the job I dislike! then a holiday with the OH by the seasidee!

...not sure if this is snug or just smug.

Good for you! Smug or snug...don't matter to me! Hope the sun shines for you :cheers:

musketeer Guest

Thanks! I think it was a combination of smug and snug tbf :S I hope so too... you never really know what its gonna be like with Brittany do you? sometimes it rains and is cold all the wimdou time and other times it is beautiful weather.I hope its ok when i am there though, I want to get on the beach!
    Last edited by musketeer; 20th July 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Yippee - week to go before setting off to the mega - then off on summer hols to Mablethorpe with the Beauchiefs for 2 weeks - "I don't care if it rains or freezes, long as I got plastic GPS sitting on the dash board of my car"!!! lots of caching, wine drinking and barbie - ing
    Si vis pacem para bellum

musketeer Guest

two weeks! i'm only going to the seaside for a couple of days... but if it rains all the time it might be long enough! i am after some lazing on the beach and in rain that would not be so desirable.

Have fun on your hols!

25. Default

The wife's not working on 2nd August so we get an extra day at the Mega - now I've just got to get her over her fear of heights so we can do Pen Y Fan !

2 weeks, is that all. We left home in the 18th April and won't return until 5th October, now that is what you call a holiday.

Good grief Charlie Brown - that's not a holiday - that's emigration !!
    Si vis pacem para bellum

musketeer Guest

:O I agree!! I think that long being on holiday is more just a way of life and not a holiday!!

29. Default

I'm not sure if this is good news or bad - Katie and Dave have confirmed Uni places with another to come when the Uni receives Paul's GCSE English certificate BUT we're going to be totally brassic for at least the next 3-4 years ...

Next year's Geolympix are in Oxford (only 16 miles from my home) No need to book camp sites etc., the only fly in the oinkment is that parking fees in Oxford are going through the roof and reading the Oxford Times they are going up again !!
    Si vis pacem para bellum