Thanks Thanks:  5

Thread: Contributing financially to the GAGB

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Contributing financially to the GAGB

I didn't want to take the original thread off topic so I thought I would start a new one to ask the following question.

In that thread StuartP said
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartP View Post
    - Improve the financial standing of the GAGB to allow it to cover it's running costs (YES we do have running costs, covered, only just by donations from a few members)
    So as I already contribute to GC via my Premium Membership I would also like to help the GAGB so how do I do that ?

Cheers

Matrix aka Mike

StuartP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by matrix View Post
    I would also like to help the GAGB so how do I do that ?
    We're currently able to accept donations using the following paypal address:
    paypal@gagb.org.uk

Please include a note in the donation if you're happy for us to list you as a donator to the GAGB.

We have to pay fee's on donations received.

In the past 12 months, we have received a total of £8 in donations, from 2 people.

Cheers

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by StuartP View Post

We have to pay fee's on donations received.
    Not necessarily. There are radio buttons on Paypal for charges paid by Recipient or by Payer - so as long as people select the right one you shouldn't have to pay the charges. Unfortunately 'Recipient Pays' appears to be the default
    Last edited by Just Roger; 19th October 2008 at 05:56 AM. Reason: speeling

Question

Is it possible to set up a direct debit/subscription?

I would rather pay a couple of £s a month rather than have to remember to make a larger payment every 6/12 months!

Mike

scottpa100 Guest

Default I'm up for the DD/Standing Order idea - couple of quid a month

You don't notice it that way either... also means you don't have PayPal fees.

StuartP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by von-horst View Post
    Is it possible to set up a direct debit/subscription?

I would rather pay a couple of £s a month rather than have to remember to make a larger payment every 6/12 months!

Mike
    The GAGB dosn't have a financial situation that would allow direct debit, the best we could do currently would be to offer a recurring payment using paypal.

One thing we could investigate, is allowing contributions by standing order (seems awfully old fashioned).

It's something I'm keen to improve, any comments and suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Stuart
    Last edited by StuartP; 19th October 2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Added Standing order option.

I would prefer a Direct Debit or standing order option as well but if your happy for a paypal payment in the meantime thats OK with me.

Has the committee ever thought about GAGB memorabilia, tracking items, calendars, cake recipes,, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix View Post
    I didn't want to take the original thread off topic so I thought I would start a new one to ask the following question.

In that thread StuartP said

So as I already contribute to GC via my Premium Membership I would also like to help the GAGB so how do I do that ?

Cheers

Matrix aka Mike
    There is a button on the bar across the top that says Donate