Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Two Welsh caches up for adoption

Simply Paul Guest

Arrow Two Welsh caches up for adoption

Some late additions (reductions?) to my cache-clearout:

Portmeirion View GC117BZ - Looking across the estuary at Portmeirion and Snowdon.

There's Iron Pyrites in them thar hills (Snowdon) GC117B8 - A popular cache in a mine near Beddgelert, Snowdonia.

Both would suit a local-ish cacher who can look after them. If you're interested, please contact me through my profile.

SP

Dont you dare

Simply Paul Guest

It's adoption, not being archived. I'm keeping some, giving some away (especially ones I didn't personally set, although I did set these two) and getting rid of anything past its cache-by date. I'm likely to end up with more caches than the average ownership, so I still feel I'm 'doing my bit' - I just don't want a man 'unsuited to a customer-facing role' like Jeremy Irish benefiting from my efforts. Most of these caches would have gone anyway, but recent developments have condensed my culling timetable.

How many are going in total, Paul? I know you've got quite a few.

I'm using a friends lodge near the "Five Sisters" in mid november, I'll have get out and do your "Highlander's Home" cache while I'm there.
    I'm just going outside, and may be some time!

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk

Simply Paul Guest

Highlander's Home isn't on the hitlist. However, around 30-40 will go over the next few months. Mostly they're old multis which are out of fashion these days (locals have done them, visitors to the area want numbers; clusters or rings of trads) and ones that tend to get done on numbers days, and hence get 'found while caching in the area. 12/35' logs- Unrewarding to own because of this trend.

We'd love to adopt them but they're a bit far away.
    But if all else fails and TBTB are ok with it......

H

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Paul View Post
    Highlander's Home isn't on the hitlist. However, around 30-40 will go over the next few months. Mostly they're old multis which are out of fashion these days (locals have done them, visitors to the area want numbers; clusters or rings of trads) and ones that tend to get done on numbers days, and hence get 'found while caching in the area. 12/35' logs- Unrewarding to own because of this trend.
    Thanks Paul. The popularity of Eilean Donan Castle will hopefully ensure a steady stream of visitors to the cache. It's a good wee leg stretch if you've been in the car for a few hours, with fantastic views towards Skye.
    I'm just going outside, and may be some time!

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk

Simply Paul Guest

scottpa100 has kindly offered to take the two Welsh caches off me, so I've sorted that out. I may have others to clear out in future, but for now, that's my adoptions finished.