Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: PUP-Port v1.0

Smile PUP-Port v1.0

For GSAK and a Windows Mobile PDA running Memory Map.

Want full paperless caching, including (optionally) trig points, full cache listings, hints (even on Memory Map) and more?

All with one click?

PUP-Port v1.0 for GSAK is ready!

Grab the ZIP file, unzip it on your desktop, and follow the instructions within the contained PDF file.

This is based on using GSAK and a Windows Mobile enabled PDA.

The install may look long-winded, but there's no manual file copying / drag-and-drop, nor editing of .ini files etc etc, which I believe is a first.

Plus it's got full Trig support, and additional support for Motorway Mayhem, Sidetracked and more!

I'll support it primarily over at www.nwcaching.co.uk/forum but will probs keep on top of things here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PopUpPirate View Post
    All with one click?
    I doubt that claim, but congratulate your simplification of this process.

One thing, do you have the right to redistribute msxml.exe under GPLv3?
    If there was a competition for witty signatures, I'd come last.

Excellent bit of work Mark - well done. Working brilliantly for me - and yes .... just the one click :P (oh gawd where did the Halloween smilies come from!! i don't do Halloween!!)

Probably a daft question but whats the difference between this and cachemate? (other than its free!)

You don't need to update the cachemate database. Instead, it copies the cache listings over as HTML, and links them to Memory Map. Quite a common way of doing it, it's personal preference as to whether you prefer the cachemate method or not. With one click, you get everything in one hit, all the listings, icons, all linked together, hints, trigs, icons for sidetracked, motorway mayhems, etc etc

Dakar4x4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by L8HNB View Post
    Probably a daft question but whats the difference between this and cachemate? (other than its free!)
    I'm guessing here the HTML will just be a readonly copy of the cache details? So great for reading the cache details, but can't do any of the following.

Cachemate is a geocaching application. It allows you to edit the cache details - really handy when doing Multi's or Puzzle caches, Log finds or DNF's, Pickup & Dropoff Trackables, search or arrange cache lists based on various fields, including distance from current location. Plus a really nice new feature is the Colorado 'MyFinds' Export that has been released, allowing you to upload your days list of finds (and DNF's) directly to geocaching.com's field notes facility to guide you through the logging of them. Plus it does a multitude of other things. It isn't free, but it isn't expensive by a long shot.

J

It all depends what you are after, of course I'm not too bothered about using Cachemate to log my finds, and have created the export to simplify the process as much as possible - click, and you are ready to cache in no time. I did it because inevitably I'd be out there caching and "Argh I've not got the hints" or such like I use Memory Map to get me to the cache (Goto Mark) and I've made it foolproof for me, so therefore certainly foolproof for those more organised than me

The inclusion of MSXSL has been permitted, albeit not under GPL, so reference to that license has been removed.