Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: Arcade chat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Arcade chat

Just a place to discuss the arcade.

Now about that monkey i reckon the dpi of your mouse has a lot to do with the final score ?

Has anyone noticed the tournaments come on there are places up for grabs just register and see how far you can go.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Great idea. I'm looking forward to some of the tournaments kicking off. For those on here who are not sure of where to find them, click this link:

https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/arcad...iewtournaments

Anyone can create new tournaments and the system uses a ladder system to display the current winners of the heats. Hopefully we will see some of the vacant slots getting filled in.

:cheers:
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

Can anyone tell me why the high scores keep getting reset ? one minutew ive got 21k on curveball the next im on 13k ?? same with the other games
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

active cacher Guest

Talking

And please tell me that the score for speedcards has a bug on it, it's making me very depressed....!

The arcade automatically slices off I think 5 or 10% of all the scores on a Sunday to keep things competitive. The highest scores of all time remain though so if you get an all time high your names will be up in lights forever (or until you get thrashed )

The arcade does this so that the place remains competitive, allowing the beginners a shot at the title. Just play it again to get an even higher score.

active cacher Guest

Quote Originally Posted by studlyone View Post
    The arcade automatically slices off I think 5 or 10% of all the scores on a Sunday to keep things competitive. The highest scores of all time remain though so if you get an all time high your names will be up in lights forever (or until you get thrashed )

The arcade does this so that the place remains competitive, allowing the beginners a shot at the title. Just play it again to get an even higher score.
    I think that's a great idea very sporting!:socool:

Quote Originally Posted by active cacher View Post
    And please tell me that the score for speedcards has a bug on it, it's making me very depressed....!
    I see what you mean - as both highscorers acknowledged the fact that it was a bug in their comments - I've deleted the two scores to make it fairer again. If it continues to play up I'll pull the game.

The Morgan Mob Guest

It wont let me play any games

Quote Originally Posted by The Morgan Mob View Post
    It wont let me play any games
    You might find that you need to log in again occasionally when you visit the Arcade, I've checked the settings and you should be able to use it.
    Ian

Default My life is worthless :-(

Why am I rubbish at arcade games?

I remember many of them from childhood and was rubbish at playing them them.

Asteroids for example. Best score I can get is 12000 or so. Yet DaveS I think is on 73000 or so. How can he mange that for crying out loud.

Any chance Space Invaders making a come back?

Now back to curve ball. Only game I've managed a bronze position.
    Ho hum!

I'm addicted to Word Up, sometimes though even if I've put the correct number of letters in it tells me there's not enough. Also like the card game although I think the computer may have a slight advantage as its us that has to turn the cards in the middle, that split second may make all the difference (that's my excuse for not doing that well!) Mah jong is really good too, very addictive although makes my eyes hurt after a while
    The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train

Congrats to Hamcam for finally toppling the Royles of the top of the leaderboard the dedication to all those obscure games is amazing