Thanks Thanks:  17

Thread: emCache - the East Midlands Geocaching community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Web Rat Guest

Default emCache - the East Midlands Geocaching community

www.emCache.com

Recently started emCache is a regional Geocaching community targeted towards the East Midlands, the sites main feature is the forum which offers both public and member access.

Other features include a dedicated area for puzzle solving, a download area plus free emCache.com email accounts. Many more features are in development and users are invited to contribute their own ideas for the site.
    Last edited by studlyone; 1st November 2008 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Approved external link

Hurrah. :socool:

uk89camaro Guest

Nice Robin. Took a photo of a friendly one at New Quay (West Wales) this week. He was a fat burgger though, fed on chips and burgers.

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Web Rat View Post
    www.emCache.com

Recently started emCache is a regional Geocaching community targeted towards the East Midlands, the sites main feature is the forum which offers both public and member access.

Other features include a dedicated area for puzzle solving, a download area plus free emCache.com email accounts. Many more features are in development and users are invited to contribute their own ideas for the site.
    Please note, emcache no longer offers public access, and will require you to create a user name and password when joining.

Derbytwo Guest

emcache has vanished my browser says????

"Domain name reserved for future use"

Any thoughts?

Derbytwo

emCache is coming back very soon.

Recently we have gone through some very big admin and hosting changes. The site is up and online we are just waiting for the DNS records to be updated for its new site. This could take up to 48 hours but hopefully it won't.

Keep checking back, we have not gone just going through a major update.
    Adam Robbins (Bobbinz)

emCache should now slowly be coming back online. It will depend on your ISP as to exactly when you get it again.
    Last edited by bobbinz; 21st October 2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Adam Robbins (Bobbinz)

Because of a dispute between some EMcache members and another cacher in the area (I understand some EMcache members have been reported to the police :wacko:, although who, and why is beyond me ), EMcache forums have been disabled. If you search for EMcache on google you will see the following message...

As of 24/09/2012 emCache.com ceased operation.
    All content has now been permanently deleted.
    The following has been posted on Geocaching.com:
    It appears Jacaru and his followers have once again sabotaged yet another emCache hosted event, others may not be aware of a complaint he has lodged with the police against emCache. With that complaint in mind I’ll leave everyone else to work why he feels that he should continue to attend emCache hosted events – a group which he considers to have broken the law.
    This situation has gone miles past the ridiculous point and I think the time has come to pull the plug. emCache is in effect held hostage and to be frank I can no longer be bothered. I would appreciate if the remaining funds held by our treasurer are donated to a reputable and worthy charity.
    Many thanks to all who have taken part in the emCache community over the years and I hope you will enjoy tomorrows quiz, I intend to drop by for a short time. If I don’t get chance to catch any of you tomorrow I wish you all the best for the future.
    I trust you are happy Jacaru, you have achieved your goal.

Exclamation

There are always 2 sides to a story, and you have posted just one side. The posted comments were made as a log to the EMCache Event, which has been Deleted.

There is a lot of background history, a lot of which is not nice. The account posting the log, is a Sock Account. As the accounts owner had no wish to post it under his Primary account.

As for

It appears Jacaru and his followers have once again sabotaged yet another emCache hosted event,
    Which is in relation to a event which should have taken place this year. Please contact the owner of the Sock Account, or the Owner of the event referred to, and ask them to honestly explain why the event was Archived before taking place.

Again there are 2 sides to a story. but you seem to be aware of just one at present.

The owner of the Sock Account, is a member of this forum, maybe he will explain under that account?

To avoid any misunderstanding bobbinz is not the owner of the Sock Account.

Deci
    My post is my personal opinion and as such you do not have my permission to quote me outside of these forums!

Dave
    Brenin Tegeingl
    Formerly known as Mancunian Pyrocacher on GC