Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Premium membership issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FollowMeChaps Guest

Default Premium membership issue

Two of my caches are premium membership caches. I made them 'members only' because of potential dangers associated with them. The logic being to prevent non-cachers, especially children, from signing up for free, reading the listing on the web and attempting them without heeding the advice in the listing.

My Groundspeak membership is now expiring and I am choosing to not renew. Can anyone advise whether I would still be able to see my own premium caches as the owner or will I loose access to them altogether without opening them up to all?

You will lose access to them it came up a year ago and a reviewer had to change the status for the owner to none PM.

Just make them into mystery caches with false starting coords this forces people to read the cache page, as a PM my children could read the cache page , safety of children is down to the parent not you.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

FollowMeChaps Guest

Thanks for the confirmation M&L, I've consequently downgraded them.

I agree with what you say about parental responsibility but I'd be a fool to believe that all children are under the watchful eye of their parents all the time, indeed that all parents are 'responsible'.

Quote Originally Posted by FollowMeChaps View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation M&L, I've consequently downgraded them.

I agree with what you say about parental responsibility but I'd be a fool to believe that all children are under the watchful eye of their parents all the time, indeed that all parents are 'responsible'.
    True just trying to make you feel less guilty when one plunges to thier doom. opcorn:

Ive got three so thats at least a spare one :lol:

Parents and responsible in the same sentence thats new one
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

jerryo Guest

I archived a cache because some tube tried to push their kid under a bridge to retrieve the box. I don’t care what anyone says, I don’t think disclaimers would make any difference in the event of a serious accident.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryo View Post
    I archived a cache because some tube tried to push their kid under a bridge to retrieve the box. I don’t care what anyone says, I don’t think disclaimers would make any difference in the event of a serious accident.
    What cache was it? If you don't mind me asking?
    I'm just going outside, and may be some time!

www.jacobitecaching.co.uk

sTeamTraen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerryo View Post
    Legally, I don't think a disclaimer makes a difference. I think you're in the clear either way. Groundspeak is based in the most litigious country in the world and one of the partners is a licensed attorney; if there were serious legal issues about caching under any legal system in the Anglo-Saxon tradition, we'd have heard about them by now.

However, if I thought someone might get hurt on one of my caches, I'd archive it like a shot.

About 20 years ago a 7-year-old boy ran out onto a dual carriageway and I hit him in my car. I was sober, under the speed limit, with my wife and baby in the car, it was entirely his fault, and he "only" had a broken arm and some bruising. But I still felt awful for weeks afterwards.