Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Help with a Puzzle cache

Default Help with a Puzzle cache

Hi,

Not sure if I'm in the right forum, but here goes.

I am trying to solve the Winchester geocache GC1279A (via Romanus) before I travel to the area next month. I have got to the point where I have a series of Roman Numerals (starting XLX...), and I need to convert them into co-ordinates, and am stuck. There is also the possibility that I have gone wrong in the initial decodes, but I hope not.

Any help/pointers etc gratefully appreciated. I'm not looking for the solution, just a nudge in the correct direction.

Thanks,

Please PM through my GC profile if you don't want to reply in the forum

Have you tried emailing the cache owner? If it was my I'd drip feed as many hints as are needed until the puzzle is solved (unless it was a brand new one - which it isn't).
    Cheers,
    Stuey

The OP is getting no replies from the cache owner - I suggested a post here may get some help from someone local or who has done the cache. Maybe someone could drop a hint via pm or through gc.com.
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

Simply Paul Guest

Winchester? Starting XLX? I see a pattern, I think. To be sure, I'd need to see the rest of the letters. I'm happy to have a go at it if JustAlan wants to send them to me via PM.

SP

Thanks for the offer Paul, and to the other cacher who dropped me a hint via PM. Hopefully I can get this sorted in time.