Thanks Thanks:  3

Thread: hello everyone

forestferret Guest

Default hello everyone

hi everyone i am a noob to geocaching started a week ago
    anyway saw the link to this forum from simply pauls sig in the groundspeak forum and thought i would use this forum instead as i was fed up of looking at american related post i wanted to find and listen to geocaching stuff that was a bit more gb related so here i am
    as you can prolly tell from my username i keep ferrets i have 2 storm and lightning they are geoferrets in training lol

i have ordered a garmin vista hcx witch should be on its way to me soon i hope i made the ribght choice ????

at the min im using my nokia n95 with the geocahe navigator software witch i found ok if im in open feilds but went on a multi yesterday found the first micro ok but the main cahce was in a lot of tree cover and i did not find as my nokia is just not up to the job ...

thanks for listening darren

Hi there and welcome

Welcome to the GAGB forums and more importantly welcome to geocaching. :cheers:

A great hobby (as are ferrets). You made a decent decision going for a Vista HCx its a good model.
    Ian
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

hello forestferret,

I saw your post on the other Forum. I sense a new branch of geocaching developing: FerretFinders. Perhaps you should start planning for a new forum: The FFF - FerretFindersForum. :socool:

There are some parallels with my own interest in HamsterCaching, which is another little-acknowledged sect within Geocaching.
    See here: HamsterCaching leaflet.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I can see how these two groups could get together to create a new variation on the game: Put out a hamster cache (a fresh hamster every week, naturally - we don't want to be silly about this) then - at a pre-arranged time - Release the ferrets! See who's FTF! (First to ferret).

Welcome to the fun

forestferret Guest

pmsl that was so funny hamstercaching :socool:

as for setting up a forum for geoferrets i wouldnt have a clue how to go about it.
    i know how to do some stuff on computers but not something like that :
    anyway my boys are still in training at the min and im running out of tupperware to train them with and getting into hotwater with the other half lol