Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Where you caching this weekend?

Default Where you caching this weekend?

Oh well, the weekend is nearly here. So where you caching this weekend?

I'm off to Brixworth, Northampton on Saturday doing A Scenic Trail by lorri-ann & Kev. A series of 7 caches with a bonus. I see one cache was not found recently so hope I'm able to find and get the bonus.

Anyone caching in exotic or erotic locations?
    Ho hum!

Currently no plans to go caching this weekend. However our standing future plans are to finish the last four arkks caches we have not found yet.

Then its the pheonix caches in wales (4 of those)

After that we may be trying to complete our D and T grid as we only have 14 combinations left to get a full set.

One of them is however a 119 mile problem for us (we own the other one)
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Simply Paul Guest

I have to work, sadly. On the upside, it will leave next week free for me to entertain a 24 year old Russian girl who's coming to visit. Every cloud, and all that
    Yes, I might take her caching!

Oh my, caching with a 24 year old Russian?
    Ho hum!

We haven't got any exotic or erotic caching planned. (Too cold )

Must try and get the hamster cache out in place with a suitable supply of sunflower seeds.

Also need to check on one of our cache locations where a recent log commented on "a dump" and "rubbish around". It certainly wasn't an unpleasant spot when we placed the cache, but it sounds as though it may have deteriorated, so we need to go and look.

Hardly exotic, but thanks to a recommendation I might nip over to Castle Donington tomorrow to do a cache or two. If I have time, Sandbach could be on the agenda too and perhaps the Peak District.

Off to Torquay, so hoping to convince the kids to come on a little walk on Dartmoor.

Loved Dartmoor. Released our first geocoin there (GC12JQT Buttern Hill) but seems to have been there some time. Is a bit of a trek but fantastic views.
    Ho hum!

Dark_Faerie Guest

Hopefully finishing off the series set for piratemania this summer around Hope in the Peak District. Some great caches in a great area on a route that keeps passing pubs . Did the hard half a few weeks ago but my foot started playing up and we had to go home .

Exotic? Weston-Super-Mud?

:lol:

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

La_Fifi Guest

We're off to see the seals at Donna Nook and have bookmarked a short series on a 6-mile walk nearby. Looking forward to both

Just spent two days in Kendal and managed to complete three series of caches.

Hopefully Yorkshire Dales on Sun if the weather is kind and off to Kendal to complete another series on Tue or Wed

Heading over to West Sussex tomorrow with the missus & the mother-in-laws dog. I need 31 caches to hit 500 and there are a few series over there which will make a nice leisurely walk so should get 14, or maybe 21 if we're feeling fit and the weather holds out and we tack on another series.

Went over Saffron Walden (Essex) way today and got soaked - managed to find 11 caches though - worth the wet
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

Quote Originally Posted by martybartfast View Post
    Heading over to West Sussex tomorrow with the missus & the mother-in-laws dog. I need 31 caches to hit 500 and there are a few series over there which will make a nice leisurely walk so should get 14, or maybe 21 if we're feeling fit and the weather holds out and we tack on another series.
    Well we went & spent about 3.5 hours caching, and 2 hours looking for the bl**dy dog in the forest, consequently retired to the and only got in 16 rather than 21

We got our maintenance done but the rain came in up the Bristol Channel so the hamster cache got placed on 'hold' once again. Didn't fancy walking round on an exposed river bank area, taking multiple co-ords while getting wetter and wetter. I'm sure the World of Welsh caching can wait a bit longer for the hamstercaching experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    We got our maintenance done but the rain came in up the Bristol Channel so the hamster cache got placed on 'hold' once again. Didn't fancy walking round on an exposed river bank area, taking multiple co-ords while getting wetter and wetter. I'm sure the World of Welsh caching can wait a bit longer for the hamstercaching experience...
    ... maybe the hamster's got friends in high places
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

My flying visit to Castle Donington and "Dave" :lol: was very worthwhile. Caches recommended!

I think a couple of caches in the Baldock area would be in order...
    He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.

How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down Before He Admits Hes lost?

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - TS ELLIOT

Working this weekend , but off to Turkey on Monday and there is 2 local caches to be had while we are there

Went to Snowdonia and hiked the Glyders, 7 hours of hiking and managed to grab 1 cache (the other half of the hiking team is not into Geocaching)