Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Banned from GeoChat!

  1. #1
    Icenians Guest

    Default Banned from GeoChat!

    Just tried to log in to Geochat and it reported I'm banned

    Is it because I'm on the train or because I'm 'evil'

    Kev

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default

    No ban in place from the chat site. Which way are you trying to get in?

  3. #3
    Icenians Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    No ban in place from the chat site. Which way are you trying to get in?
    I'm using a broadband dongle on the trin. It's probably something to do with that

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. E. Wales
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    It must have been due to that daft hat you were wearing last time you dropped in for a chat

    Occasionally random bans appear. (Not to be confused with random banns - that's when you really need to worry.) Don't take it personally, we'll see if that nice StuartP chap can take you off the blacklist.

    Ohhhhh... you're on a trin... That explains it... We'll have no truck with trins. Just carriages.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Could be, if you can't get on later let me know.

    Ta

    Tony

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. E. Wales
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Make sure he signs in the Official Visitors' register, would you, Mr Mongoose?

  7. #7
    Icenians Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    It must have been due to that daft hat you were wearing last time you dropped in for a chat .
    Whoa Spooky!

    I just got a nice new hat for my daft hat collection this weekend!

    Being a morris dancer I have a few daft hats.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Morris Dancer? Do you mean clog abuser?

    Probably has rubbers on em as well

  9. #9
    Icenians Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    Morris Dancer? Do you mean clog abuser?

    Probably has rubbers on em as well
    Sticks, no clogs, no hankies.

    Border Morris

    But don't tell anyone. It's a secret.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default





    That's ok then so long as you are not abusing valuable caching equipment

  11. #11
    StuartP Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icenians View Post
    I'm using a broadband dongle on the trin. It's probably something to do with that
    Yup, the ban isn't against you, but against the IP of the connection that you were given by the broadband dongle.

    These bans are typically for abuse of irc servers, without knowing what the ip was it's difficult to get the ban lifted.

    Hopefully the next time you'll get a different IP and all will be well.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warfield, Berkshire
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StuartP View Post
    Yup, the ban isn't against you, but against the IP of the connection that you were given by the broadband dongle.

    These bans are typically for abuse of irc servers, without knowing what the ip was it's difficult to get the ban lifted.

    Hopefully the next time you'll get a different IP and all will be well.
    If it's a Vodafone dingly dangly dongle then they give you a private IP address on their segment and you emerge onto the Internet with a translated IP address which is the same for all Vodafone users. If that is the case then I am also banned when on trins and on my narrowbot.

  13. #13
    Icenians Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandvika View Post
    If it's a Vodafone dingly dangly dongle then they give you a private IP address on their segment and you emerge onto the Internet with a translated IP address which is the same for all Vodafone users. If that is the case then I am also banned when on trins and on my narrowbot.
    Yep vodafone dingle dangly thing it is.

    Back home now so all's well

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. E. Wales
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Oh dear.

    I return to find the level of conversation has descended to dingly dangly things, people who have narrow bots, and things with rubbers on them.

    We have such colourful traditions in this country.


    :wacko:

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    0

    Default

    /me gives Mrs B a Longwood Thump


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •