Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cache maintainance re missing TB's

Default Cache maintainance re missing TB's

How do people deal with caches which need maintainance if the mainatainance involves travel bugs that have been out of action.

How long should you wait for a tb to be moved on or for the owner of the cache to provide an update / replacement TB ?

And do you post a needs maint on the cache page or a note on the TB page ?

Can you / should you post an SBA if the TB's are missing for example.

Edit to add

This refers to TB's that are required to find other caches eg the interception tbs or the stencil stash tb's etc.
    Last edited by markandlynn; 5th December 2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added clarification
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

I am firmly of the belief it is up to the owner of the trackable to manage their trackables not the cache owner.

If someone were to sba one of my caches because a TB was missing then the sir would be very blue for a rather extended period.

There may be nothing wrong with the cache itself, if the TB is missing it is more likely that someone has picked it up and forgotten to log it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    I am firmly of the belief it is up to the owner of the trackable to manage their trackables not the cache owner.

If someone were to sba one of my caches because a TB was missing then the sir would be very blue for a rather extended period.

There may be nothing wrong with the cache itself, if the TB is missing it is more likely that someone has picked it up and forgotten to log it.
    Ahh should of been clearer.

The cache(s) in question rely on TB's to be able to find them.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Ah, in that case they would be both the owners of the TB's and the cache so a needs maintenance note initially then a couple of weeks later go for the throat with an sba

Thank you for the reminder, as I had forgot that I have this very problem and forgot to get it sorted. It isn't my TB that you are talking about was it?

If (as far as you know) the cache is still in place, then you shouldn't post a SBA (as it's still possible to find the cache), but only a Needs Maintenance note to point out that the cache has become rather difficult to locate.

(In smug mode)... the design of the cache I have that uses this technique, guards against the problem by having many special travel bugs in the field. All carry different codes, but certain ones have a code that helps with finding the cache. Should one of these disappear, I merely amend the cache description so that one of the bugs still in circulation now becomes "active".