Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: magnetic paper

paul.blitz Guest

I was wandering around Woolies today, and saw they had some packs of printer paper etc, so looked closer.

Not only did they have some Avery "Fantastic Plastic", they had some Xerox "magnetic sheets": its very thin, but the idea is you print to it, then cut it up. You now have instant fridge magnets etc. For about 8 quid you get 3 A4 sheets.

Paul

Nice one Paul, I had heard of this stuff, never actually seen any though.

One thought worth mentioning, I don't think it would be suitable for use in a laser printer though. That could be an expensive mistake so worth checking before you try it.

Hmmm, as most laser printers use heat to fuse the toner onto the paper, the shrinking plastic might also be a problem.

I wonder !
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

paul.blitz Guest

Originally posted by Tim and June@Oct 2 2003, 09:55 AM
    Nice one Paul, I had heard of this stuff, never actually seen any though.

One thought worth mentioning, I don&#39;t think it would be suitable for use in a laser printer though. That could be an expensive mistake so worth checking before you try it.

Hmmm, as most laser printers use heat to fuse the toner onto the paper, the shrinking plastic might also be a problem.

I wonder &#33;
    I remember seeing on the packaging: "do not use in a laser printer"&#33;&#33;&#33;

So you have to either use a jet printer, or resort to "old methods" (you know..... pens & pencils&#33

Paul