Thanks Thanks:  25
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January 2009 New Forest FC agreement

taylertreasurehunters Guest

Default Number of New Forest caches

Hi, newbie on here and having found around 20 caches wanted to hide one in the New Forest. I've read the relevant guidance on Geocaching.com and here but have come across this thread about the revised limit of 150 caches in the New Forest.

Is there any way of finding out how many there are right now?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but it seemed like the most appropriate having looked through the forums.

Thanks

Colin

nobbynobbs Guest

by my list, which better be right! 112.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbynobbs View Post
    by my list, which better be right! 112.
    I guess the numbers have increased since then - what are the numbers now?

btw The revised draft for the New Forest National Park Management Plan is available online from 22 October, and will be a riveting Good Read as the nights grow longer, tho' comments required by 12 November. The Recreation Management Strategy for the New Forest National Park will be submitted early in 2010. I view Geocaching to be Recreation and consider GAGB should be a stakeholder organisation involved in the consultation process.

nobbynobbs Guest

Currently 118 after several caches archived and several new ones.

I'll look at the national park document when it's available, at this point in time I don't think they are aware of us as we have the agreement with the Forestry Commission. Not sure I want them to either unless they have seriously calmed down in their ideas of how the park should be handled.