Thanks Thanks:  2

Thread: iPods & Creative MP3 players

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default iPods & Creative MP3 players

Help from all you lovely geeky type people.

I have my CD's ripped onto an old Creative Zen something or other MP3 player. I used the software supplied by Creative, no idea what it is called.

I want to appear hip and trendy to the youths at the local rec and am considering an iPod.

Question is could I transfer all my ripped Creative tracks onto the Ipod or do I have to start from scratch again? Or shop I just upgrade to a Creative Pebble or some such thing.

Ta for any advice.

Off to ride the witches hat? Do they still have them? :socool:
    Ho hum!

nobbynobbs Guest

I'm not an ipod fan personally. I've got a sony mp3 player that happily syncs from windows media without having to have apple reconfigure all my music, when I tried to it refused to adapt a huge amount of my music.

I had a Creative MP3 and then won an Ipod a few years ago. I set the itunes software to discover music on my harddrive - thinking it would pick up the 70+ albums I had ripped...... NO it did not - for some strange reason it only found 1 album.

Had to re-rip all the others - not much fun :wacko:
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

Ummm looks like I stay with Creative me thinks. iPods are rather cool though. Oh well Creative here I come for an upgrade.
    Ho hum!

Did hear something on the radio this morning that said that Apple were going to remove the encrytion on Itunes that will allow the music to be played on any MP3 not just an IPod. That might help the problem - not sure - we would have to wait and see ?!

Need to someone to try it it and report back
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

nobbynobbs Guest

From what i understood from april the tunes they then sell will not have the encryption on.

This means that you can then play those tunes on other players.

There still remains the problem that an iplayer will only play tracks that have been converted over to the dark side and itunes can't do that with all types. plus all old itunes tracks will still have the encryption unless they release a programme to remove that from them. that'll happen!!! not