Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Raising Awareness

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your contributions, this is starting to take shape.

One of the major issues we have is letting those cachers who never visit the GC.com forums know we are here.

All cachers have to look at cache pages, and if those cache pages each had a link to the GAGB ... Problem solved.

So perhaps our current members would be kind enough to put a link on each of their cache pages.

To that end we have created a web page with some helpful (we hope) instructions and samples.

Please take a look at this page https://www.gagb.org.uk/spread-the-word.php.

If you have any problems, please post them here.

Many thanks.
    GAGB Team

The Bennett Family Guest

Done.

And happy to do so.

I've added the following to my GC.com sigline:

I am a proud member of the Geocaching Association of Great Britain.
    If you would like to have a say in the future of geocaching in the UK, please visit https://www.gagb.org.uk

Maybe someone will see those posts, and visit.

I'm looking to add them to 'found' cache logs as well. :unsure:
    One day my sigline will stop changing.
    Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!".

Originally posted by DerekReed@Jun 7 2003, 01:14 AM
    I'm looking to add them to 'found' cache logs as well. :unsure:

I appreciate your enthusiasm here but we've got to tread carefully given the initial reaction to GAGB. There are others out there who may find your posting on a "found cache" report to be inflammatory if they don't support the Association themselves. If you try this and get an adverse reaction then please let us know - and be prepared to edit your log or risk deletion of the find!

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

Originally posted by The Wombles+Jun 7 2003, 09:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Wombles @ Jun 7 2003, 09:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--DerekReed@Jun 7 2003, 01:14 AM
    I&#39;m looking to add them to &#39;found&#39; cache logs as well. :unsure:
    I appreciate your enthusiasm here but we&#39;ve got to tread carefully given the initial reaction to GAGB. There are others out there who may find your posting on a "found cache" report to be inflammatory if they don&#39;t support the Association themselves. If you try this and get an adverse reaction then please let us know - and be prepared to edit your log or risk deletion of the find&#33;[/b][/quote]
    That is my main concern too.

I will be watching for sniping, and will remove as necessary. :unsure:

In the meantime, I will try to promote the sport, and the Association, in the light I believe it was originally intended.
    One day my sigline will stop changing.
    Until then, it's "Lost in the woods? Not if you remembered to waypoint the car!!".

Team Hydro Guest

I will add a link as soon as I can, haven&#39;t been able to get onto www.geocaching .com since dinnertime...

Yes - looks like they are experiencing some probs over there today.
    Rich

Geoff &amp; Bonnie Guest

Links created for my 4 caches.
    Geoff

Daisy&amp;me Guest

Links added to our caches too.

We have launched our new MK4 bears, each of them has an "Adoption Certificate" which has the logo and web address on. :lol: B) h34r:
    <span style=\'font-size:10pt;line-height:100%\'><span style=\'color:green\'><span style=\'font-family:Arial\'>totally brassed off </span></span></span>

The Bennett Family Guest

Oh Eck.

Looks like the kids&#39;ll make me head south again bear hunting soon...

Oh alright then, I own up....it&#39;s not really the kids..