Thanks Thanks:  41
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are you a GAGB Member ?

I am a member of the GAGB, as I have successfully negotiated one blanket permission agreement; and I fully agree with it's placement guidelines, which I am happy for the Groundspeak reviewers to continue to work to.

I see the GAGB as an important "middleman" of this rapidly expanding game.
    It's goal and methods might not suit a number of cachers in the UK, but it's far better that the GAGB exists in it's current form than it not existing at all.

There were plans in place to get the GAGB some needed coverage at last year's Mega Event, but this never came to fruitition, which I apologise for; I do hope this year's committee do better.

uktim Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose39uk View Post
    Anyone care to get back to answering Stuarts questions before I start moving posts?

This is the thiurd and last time of asking.
    Hey up! It's getting just like the GS forums over here

Normally I would not bother about it wandering of topic, however for clarity I would ask for a separate thread to "challenge" peoples reasons.

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by StuartP View Post
    As has been discussed in a previous thread, the membership of the GAGB could be views as no representative of cachers in the UK.

It would be helpful to understand why people are or are not members of the GAGB. Perhaps you could take the time to complete the following statement......

I [am / am not] a member of the GAGB because:
    I am a member of the GAGB because it's far easier to bend a branch to point where you'd like it to point, than to tear down the tree and grow a new one.
    Last edited by keehotee; 22nd January 2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: philisophical reasons

As has been discussed in a previous thread, the membership of the GAGB could be views as no representative of cachers in the UK.

It would be helpful to understand why people are or are not members of the GAGB. Perhaps you could take the time to complete the following statement......

.... because we don't have anti-issues with what GAGB has achieved
    and is continuing to achieve .
    We like Greens

I am a member of the GAGB because I enjoy my hobby of hunting plastic boxes around various parts of the country.
    I am only to happy to adhere to the very sensible guidlines (IMHO) that the GAGB have published and am also happy that the UK Reviewers use these guidlines when reviewing a cache.
    I appreciate what the 'volunteer' members of the commitee do to further the cause of cachers in the UK and feel that more UK cachers should join the GAGB and give support to the commitee.
    So from me a very big thank you to the Committe members

I wasn't a GAGB member (until I re-joined) as I thought I still was a member! I don't know if I was notified about this review annually thing - if I was I totally missed it.

I thought I was a full member because I joined before the cutoff... Looks like I have been demoted to just forum member..... And I even contributed to the funds with no acknowledgement either....
    Oh well, back to the spiders and rubber room for me..

RAMPTON.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampton Broadmoore View Post
    I thought I was a full member because I joined before the cutoff... Looks like I have been demoted to just forum member..... And I even contributed to the funds with no acknowledgement either....
    Oh well, back to the spiders and rubber room for me..

RAMPTON.
    You need to re-join, the new membership system was put in place so that we can accurately state how many 'active' members we have as the old system was just confusing. You can change your membership status here:
    https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/register.php
    Once you renew your forum status will be manually changed GAGB Supporter due to your donation.
    Ian
    "I Cache, therefore I am"

Quote Originally Posted by studlyone View Post
    You need to re-join, the new membership system was put in place so that we can accurately state how many 'active' members we have as the old system was just confusing. You can change your membership status here:
    https://www.gagb.org.uk/forums/register.php
    Once you renew your forum status will be manually changed GAGB Supporter due to your donation.
    Ian

ALL DONE!!

Cheers,
    Rampton

Quote Originally Posted by Rampton Broadmoore View Post
    ALL DONE!!

Cheers,
    Rampton
    And I've changed your forum status accordingly.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​