In several topics on this board it has been stated by Terracaching Members that if there is a issue with a cache, initial contact must be made with the cache owner and if this fails with that persons Sponsors.

As a GC Reviewer I act at times as a liaison between the Landowner and cache owner. The Landowner having contacted Groundspeak or occasionally GAGB, after finding one or more caches on their Land without permission. In some cases I have been able to get retrospective permission for those caches, by working with the landowner, I usually start of by apologising for the placement of the caches without their permission which makes a good opening with them. On one occasion the cache in question after much research by both Groundspeak and myself ended up not being a GC cache or a Navicache [both sites web addresses were in the log book, but no logs]. The assumption being it was a container placed but never submitted on GC at least, which resulted in a upset Landowner who uplifted the container.

As the Terracache members have clearly stated there is no other way of contacting a cache owner apart from the above or going on to the TC forums in hope that the owner or someone in contact with this person see's the post. Which is not something you can expect off a Landowner, as they would have to join the site just to try and find out who owns the cache.

Will one of the TC members step forward and be prepared to act as Liaison with Landowners in the event that a complaint is made that a cache which turns out to be a TC one is found by the Landowner. The idea being that they will work with the Landowner in confidence [a example of a recent issue, I was contacted by a Landowner who had found out about 2 caches on land owned by this person. This person was happy for the caches to remain provide contact details for the owner were provided. The cache owner was wary of providing the details to someone unknown, and the landowner was not prepared to provide theirs to someone who had placed caches on their land without asking them first. Acting as a intermediary I was able to resolve the issue to both partys satisfaction]. So is a TC Member willing to come forward and publicly act as such a contact. This person would have to be willing contact the cache owner and sponsors about the cache on behalf of the Landowner, this person would be contacted directly either by the GAGB Committee, the GC UK Reviewers or by Groundspeak in the case of any complaint we receive from a Landowner where we believe the cache in question is a TC one. Any takers from the TC Membership.

This is a genuine request, to benefit the UK caching community, and is not a wind up!

Deceangi