Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Road Angel 7000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rvfbill Guest

Default Road Angel 7000

Hello ALL, new to GC, enjoying it loads. I'm using a Garmin Nuvi 360 set up for paperless caching according the guide on GC.com. Now that I'm getting hooked I'm looking to upgrade my gps. I've surfed about and I think a mapping gps is the way to go. Satmap looked great but the fact you have to rebuy memorymap (which I already have in 1/25000 GB) on card is stopping me on that.
    Road Angel 7000, I think, can use own mm on memory card but I have not been able to find any decent user reviews of it.
    Has anyone experience of this unit and its map usefulness??

Thanks Bill
    Last edited by Bill D (wwh); 20th January 2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: I'm not sure why this was held for moderation, but I'm releasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by rvfbill View Post
    Hello ALL, new to GC, enjoying it loads. I'm using a Garmin Nuvi 360 set up for paperless caching according the guide on GC.com. Now that I'm getting hooked I'm looking to upgrade my gps. I've surfed about and I think a mapping gps is the way to go. Satmap looked great but the fact you have to rebuy memorymap (which I already have in 1/25000 GB) on card is stopping me on that.
    Road Angel 7000, I think, can use own mm on memory card but I have not been able to find any decent user reviews of it.
    Has anyone experience of this unit and its map usefulness??

Thanks Bill
    If the reliability of the Roadangel 7000 is the same as the batch of 6000's I had, then I say DON'T get one!
    From my experience of the dire reliability of the RA6000, I have no faith in the product range. The warranty service was average, but what use is that if you have no GPSr to use?

Keep your Nuvi for the car and get a 60CSx or Colorado 300.

I have a Road Angel Adventurer and have experienced no problems with the unit. However I do accept that, as with all units, each user will have their own niggles regarding a particular unit.

Yes, it does have some issues. My main concern is that despite having autoscreen backlight turnoff when on battrery power it does like to switch itself off when on vehicle power. Its base map is not that good but adequate for my purposes.

I use it mainly for its excellent Speed and Warning database prefering the Nuvi 860T for normal navigation as the UHF point to point radios can be linked to this unit via bluetooth. The OS facility is also employed to good use when out in remote areas and especially when it is necessary to find off-road locations and lanes vital in my kind of work.

It is no substitute for paper OS maps but its SD Card for N England is very reasonably priced.

Again each person will experience issues with any unit and that must lead to our own personal preferences.