Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Gwendolyn PLEASE contact me.

rvfbill Guest

Default Gwendolyn PLEASE contact me.

Hello, I read on 1 of your posts that you have a road angel 7000 can you get in touch about what they are like ie with the os maps, please.

Regards Bill.

rvfbill Guest

Hello and thanks for the replies. Is it not possible to use the road maps to get near the cache then switch to os maps when near? Is there no direction arrow on the os maps?
    I have a full UK os map 1/25000 which I'd love to be able to get another use out of. Nuvi 550, can it use os maps or just the not very good topo v2?

THANKS again Bill

Sorry cant private message you??

Bill

You can mark the position of the cache on the OS map from the NGR or Lat / Long and then navigate in the traditional method. It is of course not as accurate as the GPS.

The unit is automatically loaded as North up and gives you a direction arrow / line on the OS Map. I shall be using the unit on the Ben Nevis stroll in Jun

rvfbill Guest

Hello thanks for the reply. I am using Nuvi 360 at the mo so using the sat view window when I get near the cache to see the actual coords. So using the angel I'd be able to see any footpaths I should be on and just use the coords page to get me spot on. Does this look right.

Thanks Bill

All OS detail is as per the paper maps, however I would not recommend buying the Adventurer just for that, you may be wiser getting a Garmin Mapping Hand-held costing around the same price as the 7000. This would possibly be more cost effective and suit your needs better when combined with the Nuvi

You would really need to see the Road Angel before spending your cash and make a decision then.