I have been sitting here reading the posts form both sides. As the letterboxers in the NF don’t relish the idea of publicity, then I’m afraid public and member only forums isn’t really the way to achieve this.

And what is the difference between letterboxing and caching, Technology, that is it when it comes down to it. Also some trinkets in the box instead of a stamp. The letterboxes are hidden in no different way to how a cacher hides them, the difference being utilisation of technology again, i.e. the internet.

One major difference that I can see is the benefits to Joe public and the environment. CITO, I don’t see letterboxers advocating such a thing, there is already the educational side of caching, is it not already being used in some facets of the National Curriculum! I do not see letterboxing being used in such a way.

All I do see is some folks, as quirky as us cachers getting upset for us playing in there back yard. There are comments about caching in specific areas and at specific times of the year. Yet one person has said that in all the years he has been out and about in the NF there has never been any signs or notices saying that entry to certain areas was forbidden, except for logging reasons.

So for my solution.. I think that all cachers should remove their caches from the NF so as not to upset those that control it.. Then lobby those that control it asking for all letterboxes be removed from the NF also.

This is the only sensible solution. Either we can all play in the area or no one plays in the area. And all those deer can get some peace and quiet.

PS The letterboxers seem to draw Sam’s and SSSI out like guns.. The NF is not the only place that has these there are thousands.. they are part of the environment as a whole.

I will now go back under me hi tech bridge switch on me PC and see what happens..