Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Who's got snow...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who's got snow...

... and how's it affecting you if you have? Are you unable to get to work and getting out there caching?

I'm in south Wiltshire, and we don't usually see much snow here, but there's enough out there right now to make many minor roads all but impassable, and side roads in urban areas are pretty treacherous too.

And me? I'm not going out in it any more than I have to...!

There's a cache I could do on foot from home, but I suspect I wouldn't be able to get near it for tobogganing muggles.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I know every News programme through the day has been showing pics of the "heavy snow falls in south Wales" but here in this SE corner I woke up to about ½ inch which soon disappeared by midday. I think there's more as you go westwards towards Cardiff.

They're promising more heavy falls in that area on Thursday, which is of particular concern because MrB hopes to be flying back to Cardiff from Schiphol that evening.

About a foot here on the fields. The roads are pretty clear, even the side streets have been gritted. Council gardeners have been out and cleared peoples paths.

Unfortunately the towns we border on have not gritted so much so all the roads to Yorkshire through Saddleworth are shut.

Just a small amount here in the East Lancashire Pennines, just like winters were some 20 years ago. The Series IIa Land Rover (1965 vintge) has no problems whatsoever. The problem we have is that the local authority refuse to grit the sideroads, only bus routes, then complain that they are unable to grit and plough properly as people have left their cars parked on the main road

Not seen any snow here yet, except for a little flurry for five minutes at the weekend and some light snow on the hilltops.
    Roads are still dry and clear, except for the Mountain Road which is closed due to a light sprinkling of snow and a few patches of ice. It's cold, though,:socool: (no, cold I said), with temperatures plunging down to 4C overnight.

Very little snow here in Watford. That's Watford the village, just beyond the 'Gap' services, in Northampton not the large town in Hertfordshire.

Two members of my department live in Leicester and decided not to come into work. One excuse was it would take too long to get to work. My response was 'well, get up earlier then'.

More snow forecast tomorrow in the midlands with flurries of excuses no doubt not to come into work but flounce around at home whilst they get paid and watch Flog It and Deal Or No Deal.
    Ho hum!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Blorenge View Post
    I know every News programme through the day has been showing pics of the "heavy snow falls in south Wales" but here in this SE corner I woke up to about ½ inch which soon disappeared by midday. I think there's more as you go westwards towards Cardiff.

They're promising more heavy falls in that area on Thursday, which is of particular concern because MrB hopes to be flying back to Cardiff from Schiphol that evening.
    MrB is writing this from his hotel room in Neiuwegein (which is free of snow) and just waiting for the weather forecast BBC1 for South Wales..... Flight at 21:30 from Schiphol tomorrow (Thursday) so if you find out Cardiff airport is closed spare a thought for me at the airport here.....

Chris (Mr Blorenge)