Thanks Thanks:  8

Thread: Moss T's Fund Raising Quad Ride

Thumbs up Moss T's Fund Raising Quad Ride

Hi folks..

Some of you will know me.. some won't

Others will go not him again and others.. oooooo Moss Troopern welcome back.. Yer aint read anything yet

Anyways my friends.. This post has nothing to do with caching and everything to do with raising funds for a very worthy cause..

Help for Heroes raise funds for causes involved in the rehabilitation of injured military personel, both physically and mentally.

Wee bit of back ground..

I am ex army.. my war was a cold war and, to me, hot, was Northern Ireland.

Unfortunatley my youngest son is at present in Heldmand Province, Afghanistan.

Fortunatley.. to date he is fine and has 8 weeks to go.. Unfortunatley as he comes out his brother goes in.

I have always felt that I should do my bit to raise funds for a worthy cause.. one that helps our guys and girls who, as much as they don't like it, find themselves in war zones that they would really prefer to be out of.

So the crunch.. or is it sore bum bit.. I WANT YER MONEY.. well actually Help for Heroes does.. I'm just a means to an end.

I intend to ride a minimum of 300 miles over 24 hours on my quad.. this being under taken through Kielder Forest so hopefully it will mostly be off road.. Hmmmmm Ouch.

Please take a wee bit of time to check out my Quad Ride page.. and better still DONATE to my just giving page.

My Ride Web Page http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/ian.pater...%20frames.html

My Justgiving Page http://www.justgiving.com/KielderQuadRide

Thanks in advance

Moss Trooper

AKA Ian Paterson

PS As the powers to be on THE other forum wont let us fine upstanding Brits fundrais on their site.. Please Please Please forward this to any one you think would help.

PPS.. Wonder if Harry an Wills are up fer a few bob
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

Oh no, not him again!

Nice one Ian, good luck with your venture. Now how do I get people from "over there" to look here without getting myself into trouble? Hmm!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    Now how do I get people from "over there" to look here without getting myself into trouble? Hmm!
    You're permanently in trouble over there. What difference will it make?!

Perhaps you could post a general reminder to check the GAGB forums (without mentioning why). But also "accidentally" link directly to this thread.

Looks a good cause; I'll get round to a donation this weekend. the 300 miles would've been more fun in the snow though!

Hi Moss T. I've posted a link to this on the SE Caching Facebook group and will post a link on my Facebook profile too.

Good on yer and best of luck!

Will post this on a couple of forums when I get chance.

Good luck

Talking

Oh no, not him again!

Nice one Ian, good luck with your venture. Now how do I get people from "over there" to look here without getting myself into trouble? Hmm!
    Nice one Mr H nice one..

and as a former reviewer I don't think you breached any guidelines.. but then I'm a wee bit biased on this subject :socool:
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

Yes, the moderator may be sharp enough to rumble your game but if he's so curmudgeonly as to suggest punishment for that carefully-worded post, then you're better off with no posting rights there anyway.

Unfortunately the thread on GSP has been closed despite the hyjacking of the thread to point out the benefits of this forum above the GSP one.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Humphrey View Post
    Yes, the moderator may be sharp enough to rumble your game but if he's so curmudgeonly as to suggest punishment for that carefully-worded post, then you're better off with no posting rights there anyway.
    You would have thought so but I'm a marked man so what mtn-man did is about par for the course.

I was very careful not to mention anything forbidden by GSP and was equally careful not to link to any offending post over here. No one stood any chance of being exposed, even accidentally to anything "offensive" over there. This just goes to show how petty a once respectable organisation is getting, or at least our current censors.

Well Peter.. I know it is petty but in some respects he has shot himself in the foot.. More folks are going to go and see what the fuss is about..

Works for me.. an yer didnt get banned h34r:

Moss T..

thanks for your support Appreciated.. that goes for GAGB as well.
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

The good news is

GSP UK forum
    21 User(s) are browsing this forum (8 Guests and 3 Anonymous Users)

GAGB forum
    Currently Active Users: 26 (9 members and 17 guests)

Cmon guests log in

no closed posts on this forum
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Just remember - time zones are your friend.

Post on GC forums in the morning while the GC droids are still asleep in bed. :socool:

P.S. - Hi Greg.
    Muggle - One Voice - One Vote

This just goes to show how petty a once respectable organisation is getting, or at least our current censors.
    But, (excuse the bad grammar), you still hold the greatest respect for your ex-colleagues...............

C'mon, take the worm.................

You would have thought so but I'm a marked man so what mtn-man did is about par for the course.

I was very careful not to mention anything forbidden by GSP and was equally careful not to link to any offending post over here. No one stood any chance of being exposed, even accidentally to anything "offensive" over there. This just goes to show how petty a once respectable organisation is getting, or at least our current censors.

I also feel very angry over what has happened to Peter's thread on the GSP forum.

I have to be very carefull what I say as I have been publically castigated for posting insulting posts (on this forum ) - and even though I have demonstrated to the accuser that the posts - whilst being very critical of GSP (and even cynical) were never insulting - and have had no aknowledgement of this.

I wonder what would happen if a lot of us simply wished Moss "Good Luck:cheers::cheers:"?

I might just try it to find out.................but then, of course, this post has publicised my intentions to ALL who read these venerable pages:wacko::wacko:.

From me to Moss:

"All the best Ian marrer - go for it!!"

I am browsing these forums more and more therse days, still look at t'other every day though, but find I am whizzing down the threads very quickly!

Anyway, good luck Ian, hope you reach your £1000.00 target.....oh, and DO be careful on that quad

GAZ

Oh, and Peter.....I think you ARE in trouble 'over there' Heh-heh!

I realy am thinking of ditching the other side and just watching this forum. It is just getting very silly over there.

Dave

Edited typo

It seems that the thread was completely removed. I'm guessing that mtn-man saw it as a challenge (another "pushing the boundaries" attempt), even though we know better. I'm afraid that it just about takes the biscuit and I'm not surprised that dodgydaved has thrown in the towel.

Although I very much regret that he hasn't merely resigned from the forum and gone out caching instead. At least the Navicaches in his area could do with a bit of dusting down.

Well if nothing else Ian's fund is growing, that's got to be a good thing.

Thumbs up

Well if nothing else Ian's fund is growing, that's got to be a good thing.
    Yep it's up to £245 at this moment .. the majority from UK cachers.. Thanks folks.

Just £755 and a sore butt to go :wacko:
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

Did this ever happen?

RuberyBlue Guest

Reading some of the posts on the JustGiving site it looks like a successful completion. Time for another go?

RB

The Web Rat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by von-horst View Post
    Did this ever happen?
    Yes, according to the base of this page:
    http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/ian.paterson/updates.html

330miles

from http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/ian.paterson/updates.html :-

Update 23rd June

Well.. we did it.. 330 miles and no sore butts.. Shoulders ached, got bit to ******y by antisocial mozzies and got rained on a lot more than I would have liked but we did it. Thanks for your support. Once I get all my sponsorship in i'll post a definite total.
    Thanks folks..