Hi

I posted this on the groundspeak forum a few weeks ago but it got deleted, thanks to someone they advised me to post it on here.

I am sure there are some keen mountaineers, RAF enthusiasts and engineers amongst you geocachers.

"The Last Breath on Everest, the Pleasure and the Pain" is a visual lecture by TED ATKINS, coming to Oswestry in Shropshire.

Ted is an ex-RAF Chief Engineering Officer working on Scotlands Search and Rescue, he now has invented and developed the most widely used oxygen system on Everest, called the TOPOUT system. He led the first successful RAF expedition up Mount Everest, but as someone fell ill he led the evacuation - missing out on his own summit chance. Nevertheless he returned a few years later solo to trial this topout oxygen system he had just invented. On the summit, some oxygen cylinder he was expecting weren't present and he ran out. He was pronounced dead over the satillite phones, although a sherpa stepped over his body and saved his life by giving him his oxygen. Ted was then to determind to come home and develop his oxygen system and now is the system of choice by professionals.

The lecture is at The Marches School, Oswestry, Shropshire at 7pm on Thursday 12th March
Tickets £10 Concessions £8 Refreshments Included

Dont miss out on what I am certain will be a great evenings entertainment, recalling some of Ted's finest experiences.

For tickets or more information contact : tedatkins@marchesschool.com

Happy Caching

James from Guess Who?