Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Geoducks

geoduck.co.uk Guest

Default The Geoducks

Hi,

Me and my friends just got into the world of Geocaching and think it's fab. To that extent as a little project we are releasing our ducks into the wild and hope fellow kashers will help us.

www.geoduck.co.uk

Is our website.

Ps If your looking for a great BlackBerry Geocache app Blackstar is fab
    Last edited by Bill D (wwh); 8th March 2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Approved link posted by new user

Hi I had a look at your duck site. It's a cute idea...

I have one concern though: If your ducks are all like the one on your home page I'm not sure that they're strong enough to stand up to the rough and tumble of life as an itinerant duck, moving from cache to cache. Also, have you got a very secure way to attach their TB tag? They just might need toughening up a bit - a duck assault course maybe?

Yes, travel bugs do need to be quite sturdy. My Matilda Rabbit went around the world to Australia and back. She's a smallish porcelain Wade piece. She eventually made it home to a cache near me, but with the top of one ear missing, both ears broken off and araldited back in place, and one foot missing as well.

And as Mrs B says, make sure the TB tags are securely attached. I don't trust the little chains that come with the tags and I use strong cord instead.

Also, be sure to attach a mission statement to your ducks, preferably on laminated card or something similar.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

geoduck.co.uk Guest

Default Thanks

Just a note to say thanks for the warm reception. We have taken all your advice and the ducks have been sent on both language and survival lessons.