Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Red Rose Ramble - Lancashire - 4th July 2009

Default The Red Rose Ramble - Lancashire - 4th July 2009

As many of you will have seen on the NW Caching forum or on Facebook, I am planning a 100km walk in 24 hours this summer for charity.

The walk is from Warrington to Lancaster, starting at 4pm on Saturday 4th July at Bridgefoot. It will all end at 4pm on Sunday 5th, at the gates of Lancaster Castle. The route will involve taking in 24 waypoints along the route, for which photographic evidence will be sufficient proof of visiting. It's mostly flat and there will be time enough to do a little caching en route (as long as you don't plan to find too many!)

I'm looking for teams of three or more to take part in the challenge and to help me raise as much as possible for the NSPCC and the Dogs Trust. If you don't know two other people who'd want to do this walk I will be able to put you in touch with others in a similar position so you can take part. The three person rule is for safety reasons - much of this walk will be at night!

More information can be found at www [dot] muttoneer [dot] ukwalkers.com [slash] redroseramble - I'm afraid I can't link directly as this forum's anti-spam measures prevent me from doing so.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who wishes to get involved in this challenge!

Thanks,
    Mike.