Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Attention all GAGB Members

Default Attention all GAGB Members

We now believe there's a possibility that quite a few people who are registered with us as members may not be showing up as Members in the forums. As I've said elsewhere, we have separate databases for Forum Users and Members, and at present forum accounts have to updated manually when anyone signs up or rejoins as a Member.

Stuart is working on a fix for this, but at the moment we have no easy way of finding those who might have been overlooked.

Thus, if you're a GAGB Member, as opposed to a Forum Member only, please check that you're showing as a GAGB Member in here. Those who've made donations should be showing as GAGB Supporters in here. Our founders should be showing as Founder Members. You can see which you're showing as by looking below your name at the top of posts you've made, or below your name in your own profile.

Membership of GAGB now has to be renewed annually, in order to remove "dead wood" from the database. You can check whether or not you actually are a GAGB Member here. You can also use that page to renew your membership if necessary, or to join. Later in the year we'll be sending a mass email to everyone, reminding those who are or were members to check their current status before the elections, and we'll be doing that annually in the future.

If you're not showing up as you should be in the forums, please post here or PM me and I'll correct things.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I'm bumping this as we've had a lot of new people join as Forum Users, GAGB Members or both since I posted it.

If you believe yourself to be a GAGB Member, please read the post above, and check both your actual membership using the link in that post, and your forum status as displayed by your user name and on your profile page.

If you're not showing as you think you should be then please PM me. Thanks.
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​