Thanks Thanks:  4

Thread: A little bit of begging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Simply Paul Guest

Cool A little bit of begging

Hello!
    As you may or may not know, I'm climbing Ben Nevis to attend my own event at the top on June 30th. I decided to use this 4,300ft vertical, 5 mile horizontal (each way) hike to try to raise some money for the British Heart Foundation, as the last time (and first time) I was on top of the UK was just a couple of days after my father died of a hear attack. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look here https://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=115959 and/or here http://www.justgiving.com/socialclimber. Any help would be really appreciated. :socool:

That's a good cause, Paul, and I hope you get a lot of support. A good friend of mine died of a heart attack in January, and I imagine many of us have lost family or close friends in the same way.

Edit to add: The event page is here, but Paul isn't of course allowed to mention the charity on it.
    Last edited by Bill D (wwh); 30th March 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: As above
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

Paul, a little tip for your TB.
    To keep it at the top of the list of TBs in the event just add a space as the first character of its name.

I like the TB idea - very clever

Good luck with the ascent.

Nice one Paul, here's wishing you great success. An interesting and "inspired" TB by the way

Simply Paul Guest

Well, rules are rules...
    Thanks to readers of this thread who've been so generous. It's going to make getting to the top all the sweeter, knowing it's made a difference. With my fitness level skyrocketing (I did 2km in the pool -80 lengths- in 4 seconds under an hour today) I'm thinking about adding a Scafell Pike and Snowdon event in the same 24 hours... h34r: