Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Enough is enough..

Me an DA.. (Devils Advocate) have been talking.. which aint difficult being one brain cell apart.. wel wot yer expect from a scitso

OK so I let rip.. but I hope it got folks talking and focused.. that was my intention..

Now that I have come clean.. will MUGGLE come clean.. we all know yer a puppet, troll, pain in the ass.. so are you man/woman (sorry ladies) enough to come clean.. if not then shut up.. and get out.. you are not wanted or welcome.

I aint having some one come on this forum with the sole intention of wrecking GAGB.. and if comittee want to cut me out.. is OK by me.. if it gets rid of you then works for me.

Enough folks on here knew who DA was anyways.. so not a lot lost there!!!

Moss AKA Devils Advocate says toodles..
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

PS.. and thanks to sockpuppet for showing me the errors of my ways now will he come clean also
    Moss The Boss... Sorta

paul.blitz Guest

Maybe I'll suggest to the committee, once we're fully formed, that we simply ingore ANY & ALL communications to the committee from "members" who are unwilling to sign a REAL name.

Paul

Kouros Guest

I think under some circumstances, having a moniker is understandable. Some people are (perhaps unreasonably) nervous about security on the Internet, and unwilling to sign a real name. Some parents do not wish to use their family name, as it may indicate to unpalatable souls who the children in their pictures are.

And some have been known on the net for quite some time under a pseudonym, and feel that that is the way they should be known. I guess I fall in that category.

The problem is the somewhat obvious sockpuppet accounts, who spring up for a day or so to say something controversial, and then disappear again. I don't think anything can be done about them, but as you suggest, they can be ignored.

Kouros,
    Sometimes known as Peter Bancroft

sockpuppet Guest

Originally posted by Moss Trooper@Oct 31 2003, 11:45 PM
    PS.. and thanks to sockpuppet for showing me the errors of my ways now will he come clean also
    Sure. First lets see who all the muggles are, and of course Land Ranger.

The purpose of this puppet is to show all of you how stupid they are. If I'm outed that's fine otherwise I'll reveal my identity once all of the others are out. Well done Ian.

paul.blitz Guest

At least, Kouros, we KNOW who you are... same goes for people like Hornet etc. I ahve no problem with people using their well-known aliases... as you say, its those who pop up for a day and then go that are the issue.

And we CAN do something about the sock-puppets: we start to lay down the law. They get instantly deleted, as do their postings.

If someone wants to be taken seriously, then they need to ACT more seriously. Could you imagine if all other "serious organisation" worked with such anonymity? Like the cabinet? Along with PM "sockpuppet" (hmm, maybe a bad example ;-) )

Kouros Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz@Nov 2 2003, 02:04 PM
    At least, Kouros, we KNOW who you are... same goes for people like Hornet etc. I ahve no problem with people using their well-known aliases... as you say, its those who pop up for a day and then go that are the issue.
    Indeed - I just wanted to clarify that people who had a legitimate reason for a pseudonym had no reason to feel that they were being picked on.

BugznElm'r Guest

Originally posted by paul.blitz@Nov 2 2003, 02:04 PM
    I ahve no problem with people using their well-known aliases... as you say, its those who pop up for a day and then go that are the issue.
    Again, whoi decides on what well know is?I can see what you are getting at but the web just isn't built for this. If you had paid membership and those who paid could vote, monikers wouldn't be a problem and you have 1 paid membership = 1 vote. Simple!

Originally posted by Kouros@Nov 2 2003, 02:10 PM
    Indeed - I just wanted to clarify that people who had a legitimate reason for a pseudonym had no reason to feel that they were being picked on.
    Like me!!!

There was no compulsion to use your G:COM handle when signing up for GAGB and I chose not to use mine (or should I say - ours) as Slytherin is a team name and always has been. I joined GAGB as an individual. Likewise I use neither Muggle or Slytherin when I post on the G:UK forums.

BugznElm'r Guest

I hope this doesn't turn into a case of "folks you use monikers have destroyed the GAGB". This witch hunt will do nothing but alienate more members.

BugznElm'r Guest

Originally posted by Moss Trooper@Oct 31 2003, 11:36 PM
    Me an DA.. (Devils Advocate) have been talking.. which aint difficult being one brain cell apart.. wel wot yer expect from a scitso

OK so I let rip.. but I hope it got folks talking and focused.. that was my intention..

Now that I have come clean.. will MUGGLE come clean.. we all know yer a puppet, troll, pain in the ass.. so are you man/woman (sorry ladies) enough to come clean.. if not then shut up.. and get out.. you are not wanted or welcome.

I aint having some one come on this forum with the sole intention of wrecking GAGB.. and if comittee want to cut me out.. is OK by me.. if it gets rid of you then works for me.

Enough folks on here knew who DA was anyways.. so not a lot lost there!!!

Moss AKA Devils Advocate says toodles..
    I'm all for the right of others to express an opinion, but am I the only one tiring of these kinds of coarse, abusive posts here? Is it really necessary to be so crude and vulgar on a forum that might be used by minors?