Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Satmap Active10

styks Guest

Default Satmap Active10

Does anyone use this GPS?

What do you think about it?

I'm interested in these things too. I used to use a Pocket PC for Memory Map, but the battery life is useless on a long day out, and although I have an Oregon (with maps) I do miss having OS maps.

My one query with these....can you install OS maps to it (i.e. ones I already have in Memory Map), or will I have to but new ones on pre-loaded SD cards?

Wetherseekers Guest

Hi I'm new to this forum, but I have used a Satmap Active 10 for Geocaching for nearly a year now.

This was my first GPSr and so I spent a long time looking for a device that would tick all my boxes. This unit is tough, mine has been dropped several time, it's waterpoof, easy to use, even with gloves on.

One of the main reasons I chose the unit was the OS mapping, using the exact same maps as I'm use to. I find this great for finding those illusive footpaths. You do have to use Satmaps supplied OS SD cards, this is due to licensing issues.

The screen is bright and clear making your position and waypoints very easy to see. With the Li-Pol battery, my unit has given 12 hours use with still more life left.

I can load all and cache info into the device including description, logs and hints, using a macro run in GSAK, therefore be paperless when caching.

I have had no problems with the Active 10 in time I've owned mine, and looking at various forums any problems that do occur are sorted out very quickly by Satmap.

Further reviews can be found at -

I hope this info is useful.

Further reviews can be found at -

Ooops! Forum won't let you post a link until around 5 posts...
    Or one of the admins sets it up.
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

Wetherseekers Guest

Last edited by Bill D (wwh); 23rd April 2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Approved link by user with less than 5 posts