Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: What was the best thing you ever found in a cache?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What was the best thing you ever found in a cache?

Triggered from the "what you would want to find in a cache" thread, what is the best thing that you have ever found?

I found a cordless mouse in the "George Washington" cache in Feb 2002 (it had been there several days, I was FTF and second to find was a month later).

Caching since 2001
    Founder member of GAGB (2003)
    Committee (2003-2013)
    Chair of GAGB (2010-2012)
    Negotiator of 18 Landowner Agreements
    GAGB Friend

My favourite find was in my first FTF, which was one of my first six finds, at your (now archived) cache near the Cherhill white horse, Dave...!

It was a pair of folding pointed-nose pliers, which I'm still using over six years later!
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

I didn't find it in a cache but I found a multi-tool while hunting that I thought WAS the cache, and I still use it.

Best cache swap was in a cache near where I used to work which was specifically set up for DVD swaps, so I went back several times to swap movies which we used to watch at work, and "The Blair Witch Project" was one that I would never have paid for but was very impressed with when I got it from there.

a TV remote on a keyring

and an LED torch which is great for night caching or dark holes.
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

keehotee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Wombles View Post
    Triggered from the "what you would want to find in a cache" thread, what is the best thing that you have ever found?

I found a cordless mouse in the "George Washington" cache in Feb 2002 (it had been there several days, I was FTF and second to find was a month later).

I found a *mouse* in an event cache once.......:lol::lol::lol:
    Last edited by keehotee; 23rd April 2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: forgot the *'s

Best thing I've ever found in a cache.....a blank log book! A rarity for me....

One of our earlier finds at Roche Rock ... we found our first ammunition box and crammed inside it was Ernie of 'The Muppets' fame, we took him out and sat him down for a nice cup of tea before sending him on his way, haven't laughed so much in ages. I think he enjoyed it too! Photo of Ernie :lol:

Lydford Locators Guest

The adults of the team vote for Dr Solly torches which have saved us several times when nightfall arrived earlier than we'd hoped and planned for. :

But for the Juniors there's no comptetition, their votes for Go Gos Crazy Bones figures. :socool: