Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 club

Sagina nivalis Guest

Cool 1000 club

Figures as of 29/4/09. I have used "Unofficial register" figures for those who belong to that "club" as these give a precise total of pillars visited. TUK totals include FBMs etc, also revisits in the case of people (e.g. me) who log repeat visits. [ted points out below that the totals no longer multi-count revisits]

RobW 5547 Pillars visited
    John Friend 4307 Pillars visited
    mickandshane 3024 TUK logs
    iainmac 2991 Pillars visited
    Rhayader_wanderer2315 TUK logs
    Barbara Jones 2154 Pillars visited
    Glaslyn 2001 TUK logs
    fasgadh 1673 TUK logs
    Jerzy Buczak 1429 Pillars visited
    Graeme Paterson 1374 Pillars visited
    Pyoung1s 1327 TUK logs
    Jim Cain 1312 Pillars visited
    Jonathan Rouse 1157 Pillars visited
    bluebeard 1078 TUK logs
    Trevor Littlewood 1049 Pillars visited
    Sue Littlewood 1049 Pillars visited
    ted 1019 TUK logs

John Friend is a new (to me) find. He visited 4307 trigs in 50 months (i.e. about 1000/year), in mainland England, Wales and Central/Southern Scotland plus the IOW and Anglesey. This was between June 1986 and August 1990, before a car accident brought his trigging career to an abrupt halt.

Makes you wonder how many others there are out there. Anyone know any?

Congrats to ted and bluebeard on passing the 1000, also Glaslyn for passing 2000.

Does anyone know what happened to mickandshane?? (and how to format columns in posts? The software removes "spare" spaces )
    Last edited by Sagina nivalis; 30th April 2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Jim Cain added

Quite a few of those names are new to me. Are they triggers who don't cache, or am I living in my own little world here?

As to formatting posts, I don't know an answer, except to make the "table" an image and post that. Perhaps someone else knows better?
    ​​Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. (Dylan Thomas)​

ted Guest

> 1000 club

Trigaholics Anonymous might be a more appropriate name for some of us

Rob - are you sure that TP:UK stats count repeat visits in the main total?
    I didn't think it did anymore. I recall that Barry found and fixed a bug a
    couple of years ago.

> ted 1019
    including an assortment of active stations, surface blocks, Berntsens
    and the like so a little way to go yet.

Visit #1000 was a very windy (but enjoyable) Murton Pike and #500 was
    trig pillar S5000 on the Bowland Fells.

I too wonder what became of MickandShane - they used to post some interesting logs.

Regards
    Ted
    Last edited by ted; 30th April 2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: update

Sagina nivalis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D (wwh) View Post
    Quite a few of those names are new to me. Are they triggers who don't cache, or am I living in my own little world here?
    Yes several don't post on TUK, or do so only rarely e.g. Barbara; the Littlewoods; Jon Rouse. They also do non-pillar flush brackets - big-style. If BMs counted as caches over here, several of us would be a few thousand up Not having any interest in opening that can of worms.

Sagina nivalis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    Rob - are you sure that TP:UK stats count repeat visits in the main total?
    I didn't think it did anymore. I recall that Barry found and fixed a bug a
    couple of years ago.
    I've not studied them recently but now you mention it, you appear to be correct. Thanks!

> ted 1019
    #500 was trig pillar S5000 on the Bowland Fells.
    Very poetic Roll on #1500
    Rob

Sagina nivalis Guest

Default mickandshane

I too wonder what became of MickandShane - they used to post some interesting logs.
    I've just come across HEATHENS' photo of them, at S1718 Masson Hill

And I agree that that trig should have a blue smiley

Sagina nivalis Guest

Just musing on who will be next to 1000. Lathama currently in pole on 977, Father Ted on 934, asbown 829 but moving a little more quickly. Sweepstake, anyone

My money's on asbown. Looks like he'll be there early next spring. He was behind me not so long ago - an impressive rate of progress. I'll be happy with 600 by the end of the year myself, should I make it.

Sagina nivalis Guest

Dunno, Lathama might just do it.

Bet you a pint Bernie, to be redeemed at Ian's teach-in supposing the matter is settled by then.

You're on. Except that I've given up the drink altogether now, so it'll have to be a pint of Darjeeling. :coffee:

But I would be seriously interested in the proposed trig seminar, should it come around, work - or lack of it -etc allowing.

Trigpoint Bears Guest

Congratualtions on those who have reached 1000+

Was hoping to do far more this year than I have managed, but work (a lack of it... ) has curtailed proposed trigging holidays so I'll be lucky to make number 300 this year, but that is my target

I've been concentrating more on climbing hills myself this year, which oddly perhaps, tends to lead to smaller trig counts. A few more deleted/subDonalds to do then I'll get back to it. 600 is my target for the New Year.

ted Guest

Congratulations to Lathama - Derek and Alex Latham (Father/Son) for reaching 1000 trig stations

Well done to them both.

Sagina nivalis Guest

Congratulations to Lathama - Derek and Alex Latham (Father/Son) for reaching 1000 trig stations
    Brilliant

agentmancuso you owe me that pint of Darjeeling :cheers: Could we make it a half