I don’t know if this has been mentioned/discussed before (apologies if it has) but, whilst browsing in our “Johnny Junks” shop (local expression!), I found they were selling several containers in the Addis “Clip & Close” range. These look virtually identical to the ones being sold through various geocaching outlets, such as the standard Groundspeak “set of three” which are selling for between £17 and £18 – the boxes are 240ml, 500ml and 1.5L. Admittedly, these have the word “GEOCACHE” embossed on the lid and come with official stickers (some come with small notebooks which are rubbish, by the way, and fall apart almost as soon as you open them!) but the prices of the Addis range seem to compare very favourably; you can see them here. These are the sizes and prices of the ones my local shop had in stock:-

Rectangular
180ml – 4”x3”x2” - £1.20
900ml – 7”x5”x2” - £2.60
Larger than above (didn’t note the size) - £3.99

Round
3½” diameter (lid 4”), height 4¼” - £1.89

As you will see, these prices are lower than those on the Addis site and, needless to say, I’ve now got a drawerful of various sizes! I can’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be used as they seem comparable to the Groundspeak variety. Does anyone know any different?