Something in another thread prompted me to ask this. How did you choose your caching user name? Obviously some names seem to be self-explanatory, but there are many unusual ones too, and it would be interesting to know how people came up with them. Even if your name appears to be self-explanatory, do tell us whether it is or not - I know of at least one user whose name appears to be but actually isn't.

I'll start the ball rolling... When I first signed up with gc.com I wasn't aware of the Groundspeak forums, nor of caching events, and I had no idea that I might become fairly widely known in caching circles. I just chose the initials of a website of mine - Wiltshire White Horses.

Then a while later I discoved the GS forums, and signed up there as Bill D (some of you will know that my surname is Daly). At that time the forums and gc.com were effectively two separate entities.

I soon realised that having different names on each was going to confuse people. I couldn't have Bill D as that was taken (ironically by someone who did 3 caches one Christmas years ago and then disappeared!). Eventually I decided to combine the two, hence Bill D (wwh).

So how about you?