I'm afraid there's been a downturn in Ewan's condition. With Firth of Forth's permission I've copied her two most recent posts in the Geox forum about him below. The first post is from Monday and the second is from today.

I'm sorry to say that Ewan's (aka Billy Twigger) move from hospital to home just before Christmas was short-lived and he was back in hospital within a week or two.

In the last month, Ewan's health has deteriorated significantly, and he is not expected to survive and is receiving palliative care. He has a very strong heart that keeps him going, but the strain on his family, who visit every day, must be tremendous.

I know that those of you who had the good fortune to know Ewan, or to cache with him, or even to do any of his marvellous caches, will be very sorry to hear this. He is such a nice guy and neither he nor his family deserve what they have been through these last two and a half years. For those of you new to caching, Ewan fell from a cliff on Bute (while cache setting) and suffered very serious injuries in September 2006.
I have received updates from Ewan's Dad. I'm afraid that the news is stark:
"I'm very sorry to say that the hope of him carving out some satisfactory wheelchair bound lifestyle has gone and we are all braced for the only possible outcome - the end of his life."