Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Result!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Result!!

Dont you just hate it when a supplier changes the item you ordered for something completely different?
    Well, I ordered a bag of 20 "travel bug helper tags" from Oakcoins in the USA last week, and imagine my horror when a bag of 20 unactivated travel bugs turned up instead!!

Not a bad swap considering the helper tags should have cost 99cents each!

Now I have a dilemma, do I send them back and ask for the helper tags, or do I send the difference in cash, or just smile happily?

cheerio,
    Rampton Broadmoore Esq.

keehotee Guest

Activate them all.....then send them back

Drop them in caches, with the mission to "Return to Oakcoins in the USA"
    I have a Geocaching problem...
    Work gets in the way!

* Cache Walker -Caching by byway, not highway! CacheWalker.co.uk
    Walking and Caching in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire areas

I had a similar problem with 'Coins & Pins' when I ordered two geocoins and recieved six instead - result....

I emailed them to report it and then returned them on their request.

When I finally recieved my order there was an extra unactivated 'Thankyou' geocoin in the package. :socool:

My honesty was rewarded.
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

Ask yourself what you would do if the opposite had happened i.e. you had ordered travel bug tags and had received "travel bug helper tags" instead. If you think you would have shrugged your shoulders and accepted the mistake then by all means keep them.

If however you think you might contact the company to complain then you ought to e-mail them, explain the error and ask what they want you to do.

I remember as a child I found a £5 note in the street (a huge amount way back then!!) and my horror when my father made me take it to the local police station. Yes, I got it in the end but still felt a sense of injustice. That is until years later my widowed mother lost her purse with all her pension money in it. She was distraught. However later that day the police phoned her to say some anonymous person had handed it in (they found her contact details in the purse). It was at that moment I understood the value of a simple act of honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hornet View Post
    I remember as a child I found a £5 note in the street (a huge amount way back then!!)
    I assume this was one of those big white piece of paper notes?

If it was a small error (one extra helper tag or something) I'd probably be inclined to ignore it, but for this size mistake, I'd suggest contacting them!

Now if GSP themselves had made a mistake, that might be a different matter!

Jiffy bag packed, addressed to the USA and in the mail.

Rampton.

I remember as a child I found a £5 note in the street (a huge amount way back then!!) and my horror when my father made me take it to the local police station.
    I don't fall over often (not when sober, anyway), but a few years ago I tripped in the dark and landed in an unseen puddle. Bad luck! Not entirely though, as a sodden five-pound note stuck to my hand when I pushed myself back upright. It must have been sitting at the bottom of the water.

I have to admit, I simply dried it out and kept it, as it seemed like fate wanted me to have it!

When I was on my paper round (many years ago now) I found a bunch of keys, which I handed in at the Police station.

Next day I got a call from the owner offering me a reward pf £5.00.
    He said he was really glad I found them as they were the keys to the local Bank and he was the manager.

... and all I got was a fiver !!!
    Happy Caching

Gazooks

- Setting a good example for children takes all the fun out of middle age.

I remember as a child I found a £5 note in the street (a huge amount way back then!!) and my horror when my father made me take it to the local police station. Yes, I got it in the end but still felt a sense of injustice. That is until years later my widowed mother lost her purse with all her pension money in it. She was distraught. However later that day the police phoned her to say some anonymous person had handed it in (they found her contact details in the purse). It was at that moment I understood the value of a simple act of honesty.
    I bet it was one of them "white" fivers.....not that I know about them, my Mother has told me about them.....they're THAT old